MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Ebonyi
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities;
- Identifying, recruiting, training and supervising daily labourers or watsan agents for Watsan activities
- Informing the Watsan Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility;
- Assisting the Watsan Supervisor in Watsan data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining updated files and records of assigned project activities
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supervision of day to day activities of Hygienists, Orderliness and watsan agents in the virology unit and holding areas and make sure that they are fully trained on Prevention, Flows, Protocols, Tasks and responsibilities, cleaning and disinfection.
- Insuring the availability of chlorine solutions 0.5% and 0.05% in the virology unit and holding and make sure that it changed every day as per protocol.
- Supervision and close monitoring of Laundry activities and make sure that all the reusable (scrubs, boots, goggles, gloves, aprons etc.) washed and disinfected as per protocol and are enough for each shift in the virology unit and holding areas.
- Follow up closely the water supply and sanitation activities, make sure the enough water, and back up available in the virology unit and holding areas.
- Track the consumption of chlorine with report weekly and insure enough stock in the virology unit/Holding areas as well as in the watsan store, take immediate action in case of any variations at any stage.
- Follow up proper waste management including segregation, collection, safe transportation and incineration with close monitoring of Fennobac staff.
- Follow up and Monitor the availability, daily consumption, weekly consumptions and monthly consumption of PPE in the virology unit and Holding area together with close coordination of pharmacist/store keeper and keep inform the supervisor at every stage.
- Keep himself up to date on admissions, discharge and medical situation in the virology unit by having close coordination with matron as well as other medical staff.
- Provide Support on proper setup of isolation in order to ensure that all the criteria are met in terms of access, flows, containment, barriers, patients space, visits and all other IPC needs and Essential requirements as per Protocols.
- Organize corps management together with mortuary team of FETHA II and I as per SOPs.
- Provide support in organizing and conducting trainings on Prevention, Flows, Protocols, Tasks and responsibilities, Environmental Health, and other IPC measures to MSF, FETHA and State health ministry staff.
- Provide Support and Trainings if needed on ‘Outreach activities’: Ambulance, Environmental Decontamination, Burials etc.
- Any other Task assigned by Supervisor.
- Provide inputs for monthly sitrep and Planning.
- Support community vector activities.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Technical Certificate or Diploma in a proven background, desirable specialization in Water and Sanitation.
- Previous experience in technical works, desirable two (2) years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Mission and local language (English, Igbo language) essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media).
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values.