MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Logistics
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices.
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- This position based in Abuja is in charge of the well running of our facilities (Office, Warehouse and Guest house) and fleet.
- First line of all logistics request in Abuja, the log supervisor position is supporting following colleagues :
- Head of driver (who is supervising the drivers) and driver mechanic
- Head od watchmen (who is supervising the watchmen)
- Radio operators
- Maintenance agent.
MinimumRequired Skills and Qualifications
- Essential: Secondary Education and Formal Technical Training
- Desirable: University Education and Formal Technical Training in Construction, Electricity, Mechanics
- At least one (1) year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- English Language essential.