Jewel University Gombe (JUG) is a world-class University in Gombe State established to give quality education in different fields of study to Nigerian citizens. The vision of Jewel University Gombe is “to advance the intellectual growth of its students to the highest levels nationally and internationally through research and creative activity, teaching and learning, and civic engagement. The mission of the University is “to be a leading research institution recognized for the success of its students, its advances in health and life sciences, and its intellectual, economic, and cultural contributions to the well-being of the citizens of Nigeria and beyond.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
A candidate applying for the position must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- The candidate must possess a good Master’s or Ph.D Degree in Library / Information Science from a recognized University.
- He/she must be Deputy University Librarian or Professor by rank.
- He/she must have at least (10) ten years’ relevant experience.
- The candidate must show evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals.
- The candidate should be able to show a clear understanding of 21 Century University Library, demonstrate considerable experience in its management and administration.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of relevant computer software and library operations/services, especially the e-library.
- The candidate must be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) and must not be more than (50) Fifty years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Terms of Appointment
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a term of (5) five years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term.
- The terms and conditions of service for the University Librarian shall be embodied in a contract under the seal of the University on such terms as to the condition of the office specified in the instrument of appointment.
The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of the University Librarian in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined by the Governing Council of Jewel University from time to time.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) hard copies of their Applications (Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Certificates and Credentials), as well as a soft copy contained in a USB flash drive. The Curriculum Vitae should contain the following details:
- Full names (Surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address including e-mail address and telephone contact
- Marital Status
- Names of children (with dates of birth)
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic qualifications (with dates)
- Professional qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional bodies.
- Publications, discoveries, or inventions (providing all relevant details)
- Work experience in the university system (providing names of the institution(s) and dates)
- Details of administrative, fund-attraction and management experience in the University system
- Specific services to local, national, and international communities (Providing dates, institutions/establishments, and status)
- Present employment status, salary, and employer
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next (5) five years in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Odira Patience Egbonuba,
SA to the Founder,
Jewel University, Gombe,
C/O Jewel Foundation Head Office,
Shongo Idrisa, Gombe,
Candidates are also requested to send scanned copies of their Applications, including the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of Certificates and Credentials to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The listed Referees are to mail their reports to the Founder under a confidential cover in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Referee’s Report – University Librarian”, to reach the Founder on/or before the Application closig date.