Jewel University Gombe (JUG) is a world-class University in Gombe State established to give quality education in different fields of study to Nigerian citizens. The vision of Jewel University Gombe is “to advance the intellectual growth of its students to the highest levels nationally and internationally through research and creative activity, teaching and learning, and civic engagement. The mission of the University is “to be a leading research institution recognized for the success of its students, its advances in health and life sciences, and its intellectual, economic, and cultural contributions to the well-being of the citizens of Nigeria and beyond.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
A candidate applying for the position must:
- Possess a minimum of Second-Class upper Honours Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized University (possession of higher Degree(s) in relevant subjects will be an advantage)
- Not be more than fifty (50) years of age at the time of appointment with a minimum of 12 years relevant experience in a similar position, five of which must have been at management level;
- Be a member of relevant administrative/professional association.
- Not only be knowledgeable in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), but also demonstrate capacity to deploy ICT skills in normal University Administrative and Management functions.
- Be physically and mentally fit, a person of high integrity and must have good leadership qualities.
- Command respect and able to carry colleagues along.
- Have high level of interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined by the Governing Council of Jewel University from time to time.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) hard copies of their Applications (Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Certificates and Credentials), as well as a soft copy contained in a USB flash drive. The Curriculum Vitae should contain the following details:
- Full names (Surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address including e-mail address and telephone contact
- Marital Status
- Names of children (with dates of birth)
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic qualifications (with dates)
- Professional qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional bodies.
- Publications, discoveries, or inventions (providing all relevant details)
- Work experience in the university system (providing names of the institution(s) and dates)
- Details of administrative, fund-attraction and management experience in the University system
- Specific services to local, national, and international communities (Providing dates, institutions/establishments, and status)
- Present employment status, salary, and employer
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next (5) five years in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Odira Patience Egbonuba,
SA to the Founder,
Jewel University, Gombe,
C/O Jewel Foundation Head Office,
Shongo Idrisa, Gombe,
Candidates are also requested to send scanned copies of their Applications, including the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of Certificates and Credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The listed Referees are to mail their reports to the Founder under a confidential cover in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Referee’s Report – Registrar”, to reach the Founder on/or before the Application closig date.