International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technology Sales, Partner Technical Specialist – Power
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Career level: Entry Level
- The ‘IBM Ecosystem’ includes thousands of partners who ‘Build’ on, ‘Sell’ or ‘Service’ IBM technologies and platforms. As a Partner Technical Specialist your purpose is to influence your partners’ technical strategies, working to incorporate and embed IBM’s technology portfolio into Partner’s reference architectures, practices, and solutions versus competition.
- As a deeply technical seller, you’ll increase your partners’ technical capabilities by enabling their sales and technical sellers to experientially demonstrate IBM Technology at scale with your clients.
- Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory.
- Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel your partners to lead with IBM offerings when recommending solutions to their clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- With the primary goal of expanding the capability and capacity of the overall Ecosystem, and depending on the market and /or partner growth opportunity, you’ll cover all or a combination of IBM’s ‘Build’, ‘Sell’ and ‘Service’ opportunities,
- Part technical consultant, you’ll build trust, understand the value of our partners’ offerings, and co-create solutions that demonstrate the value of our relationship. All-the-while building confidence that motivates partners to include IBM solutions at the heart of their client proposals.
We’re passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, your partners are winning, and your clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win-win outcome, a ‘day-in-the life’ of this role may include, but not be limited to:
- Facilitating pre-sales, experiential technical activities such as technology demonstrations and co-creation working session that lead to proofs of concept (PoC) and /or minimal viable products (MVPs).
- Leading the delivery of joint-learning activities to build technical skills and expertise of partners, which enable co-selling opportunities.
- Continuously expanding essential business, industry, technology, architecture, and competitive knowledge in Kubernetes, Red Hat, Docker, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Native Security, & Infrastructure.
- Championing a culture of growth-mindedness, co-creation, and technical eminence to deliver value that leverages industry, brand, and portfolio expertise to drive innovations that accelerate partners’ success.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- A strong understanding of IBM’s server product suite. (Full training on IBM’s technologies will be provided)
- Understanding of container technologies, i.e., Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry, and others
- Understanding multilayered architectures, major ISV components (CBS, SAP Hana, Oracle..)
- Understanding Red Hat Technologies, e.g., OpenShift, Ansible, RHEL etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Demonstrable client-facing, deep technical subject matter expertise within IBM Power portfolio (extended to Containerization and RedHat) with the ability to engage in complex, architectural conversations.
- Provable excellence with people, communication, and collaboration skills, with a track record of networking and influencing, at all levels, throughout solutioning of complex server architectures and positioning Power in a hybrid-cloud architecture.
- Proven discipline and attention to detail with the usage of sales management and recording systems, and expectation setting / follow-up.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online