eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in: eHealth and mHealth software and solutions Technology Infrastructure Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems Research and data analysis Project Management eHealth Africa works closely with health NGOs in order to provide them with technology solutions that will enhance their on-going and new health programs. We also strive to work with state and government officials to manage large scale implementations at health facilities across the country. eHealth and Information Systems Africa, Inc. is a California, USA Public Service Corporation. We have offices based in California, USA, and Kano, Nigeria.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Field: Project Management
Purpose of the position
The Senior Coordinator, Project Support Unit staff supports and collaborates with Project Managers and Project teams in ensuring successful project implementation by handling project-related administrative matters. The project support is responsible for ensuring that the project management tools provided are used and that project activities are transparent at all times.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Collaborates with Project Managers on the implementation of the project he/she is supporting
- Support the project monitoring and tracking of activities, including compiling and reviewing project metrics
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks including filing, archiving, document registration, maintaining project databases, etc.
- Work closely with the Project manager/ project team members and other functional teams to identify and resolve issues related to the project.
- To alert the appropriate Project manager/project team to any risk or impending issue regarding project timescales.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of project communication and visibility activities.
- Support the Project Manager/team members to coordinate physical, online, virtual and hybrid meetings, workshops and events for project related activities
- Monitors program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Serves as a resource to project managers for all inquiries, and issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation.
- Provide guidance and support to Project manager/team members on workflows and procedure in compliance with PSU/KM SOP
- Maintains high standards necessary for the efficient and professional implementation of the organization’s informatics solutions and platforms.
- Assist project team members in any duties which enable project delivery
- Adheres to Policies and procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa code of conduct as well as ethical standards.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- B.Sc. degree in Project Management and related field and professional certification is required Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years on the job experience in, NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Prince2 or PM Dpro is an added advantage
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Basic knowledge in the development of reference and resourceful materials, and have the ability to improve and implement policies.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision-making.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Hands-on experience with project management tools
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in French is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.