Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is building on over a hundred-year legacy of Heartland Alliance International (HAI); the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years to provide high quality and stigma-free services for all using a tailored human rights-based approach.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Edo
- Job Field: Data, Business Analysis and AI , NGO/Non-Profit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Collection, Collation, Review and Analysis
- Design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of all HAN activities.
- Ensure rigor and quality in data collection.
- Provide support at the field level for the collation and processing of monthly summary forms from the One Stop Shop (OSS) and health facilities and field staff.
- Carry out data verification exercises at collection points.
- Liaise with Capacity Advisor, Program Officer and Clinician to analyze required data
- Support in the design and implementation of midterm and end of project evaluation and special data requests.
- Represent the technical content of the project’s M&E work to key stakeholders in the state with the approval of the DSKM
- Support the development or review and implementation of SOPs for management of program data.
- Support SKM unit in data exchange into National Data Repository (NDR) platform
- Collaborate with state team members, clients and government officials and stakeholders on qualitative and participatory monitoring to provide relevant information for evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Support the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and ad-hoc reports to donors, NACA and FMoH.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to CBO partners on a regular basis to monitor their M&E systems.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to CBO M&E Officers.
- Ensure that Data entry Assistants and CBO M&E Officers participate in the monthly data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations.
- Work with the SKM unit to support the preparation of project documentation. This includes but is not limited to newsletters, abstracts, success stories, and other publications.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Education and Experience:
- First degree in social science, public health, or another relevant discipline
- A master’s degree in public health or epidemiology will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years of M&E experience in international development, and experience working on M&E systems for HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Experience in managing M&E databases including DHIS is required.
- Experience in data analysis in MS Excel. MS Access and at least one of the following statistical software packages: CSPro, SPSS, Epi Info, or STATA is an added advantage.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Consultants should submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychologists At Sened Organization
- Health Project Manager – El Geneina – based in SDN-El Geneina At Première Urgence Internationale
- Anesthetist (open to Somali Nationals Only) At Action contre la Faim
- Program Coordinator – Global Health Policy Center At The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)