eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in: eHealth and mHealth software and solutions Technology Infrastructure Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems Research and data analysis Project Management eHealth Africa works closely with health NGOs in order to provide them with technology solutions that will enhance their on-going and new health programs. We also strive to work with state and government officials to manage large scale implementations at health facilities across the country. eHealth and Information Systems Africa, Inc. is a California, USA Public Service Corporation. We have offices based in California, USA, and Kano, Nigeria.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Purpose of the position
- The Associate Subaward Manager jointly supports the management of the programmatic, financial, and operational aspects of all sub-awards issued under eHealth Africa.
- Overall responsibility is to assist eHA in the development, review, renewal, and management of subawards ensuring the conventional grant cycle is followed with high compliance with donor terms and conditions making sure that eHA policies on award management are followed at all times.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate within a team to facilitate various pre-award activities and strategic projects, occasionally requiring travel for contextual research or exploring new opportunities.
- Manage subaward processes across diverse awards, ensuring adherence to award procedures and subaward management standards.
- Assist in drafting subaward agreements and modifications using appropriate templates, supporting Grants Manager in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Review sub-award applicant budgets and narratives for accuracy, compliance, and completeness.
- Contribute to the development and oversight of policies, procedures, and templates for efficient subaward management.
- Coordinate with relevant colleagues to ensure timely fulfillment of reports and deliverables.
- Oversee post sub-award processes including financial document reviews, approval of advances, asset management, and project closure activities.
- Monitor program sub awards for implementation and performance issues, collaborating with various teams for effective resolution.
- Support Grants Manager throughout the entire subaward cycle, from solicitation to close-out, including compliance and reporting.
- Aid in managing the request for proposal (RFP) process for subawards, including scope finalization, vendor proposal review, and negotiation of agreements.
- Collaborate on subaward and negotiation memoranda in alignment with program teams, ensuring contractual compliance.
- Prepare, review, and compile budget materials for proposals and sub-grant/subcontract submissions.
- Gather pricing information, maintaining comprehensive records for proposal development.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations, organizational policies, and ethical standards.
- Keeps the organization in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or related field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Associate of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience with a public health/ tech company and or program management and implementation is a plus
- Knowledge/experience managing complex and multi donor, specifically multilateral aid agencies
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, comfort with collaboration software such as Google Docs, spreadsheet; experience with project management collaboration tools in SAGE, grant management software.
- Outstanding written communication skills; experience writing clearly and succinctly on both technical and non-technical matters
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships with partner organizations
- Ability to effectively manage a complex and varied workload in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to be adaptable, results-oriented, and positive in a changing work environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Experience working effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; demonstrated ability to negotiate and achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the executive and senior managers, employees, the general public, and clients/partners.