Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer (Nigeria Nationals Only)
Job Identification: 3000717
Locations: Abuja and Borno
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Shift Day
- You will conduct risk related activities for the country program (CP) including sub-recipient compliance adhering to CRS policies, local laws, and donor regulations to help ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- Your knowledge and skills will help reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Senior compliance manager and CP leadership on strengthening internal control systems and processes.
- Undertake review of alleged fraud, corruption, and other violations of policy with objectivity, impartiality, and fairness throughout the process and in accordance with CRS policies and guidelines.
- Help identify risk issues and challenges that may affect effectiveness and efficiency of CRS operations and solutions to address them.
- Help implement and advise on the sub-recipient financial management policy (SRFMP)
- Support the planning and performance of internal audits, control reviews and compliance assessments, conduct audit activities as applicable. Help analyze results and provide recommendations.
- Support the design and facilitation of trainings and institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Support external audits and the coordination of action plans to close out audit findings.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Head of Finance and Grant, Grant Manager, Program Manager(s).
- External: External Auditors – Donor Representatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant Bachelor’s strongly preferred. Accounting and other relevant certification(s) a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in operations and/or programming. At least 2 of these years entailing audit, compliance, or risk management experience.
- Must be knowledgeable with Performance Based Funding Mechanism.
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations and familiarity with international standards for internal control and risk and compliance management (e.g., COSO, ISO, COBIT).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills
- Good analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills.
- Ability to make sound judgment.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Ability to speak and understand Hausa language is a plus.
- Familiarity with accounting systems.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- English is required, Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40%.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2023 at 03:43 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).