Language requirements: English, French or any Local language (a plus)
Skill requirements: Ability to provide meaningful observations with core enterprise business.
Type: Volunteer Opportunity
Career category: Program/Project Management
Years of experience: 0-2 years
About Seven Star Consultants
Seven Star Consultants is a multi-faceted company with an unwavering commitment towards excellence and client satisfaction through the delivery of quality products and services. We offer a well-rounded range of stand-alone and integrated services across various sectors which can be grouped into four major categories; Development, Communications, ICT, and Project Management. As communication consultants, we have in the last eleven years provided consultancy services such as for Governments, international donor agencies, NGOs and private sector clients.
You can find out more about Seven Star Consultants at: www.sevenstarng.com
Working with the Research Team at Seven Star Consultants
At Seven Star Consultants Ltd, the research executive is expected to elicit professional skills to assist the Team lead in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The senior research executive will work independently and, in a team, to fulfil organizational goals and initiatives related to marketing, research, knowledge management and events.
As a research executive with Seven Star Consultants Ltd, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting and managing research projects for various clients in the public and private sectors. The research executive will work closely with the team lead and the research team to design and implement research methodologies, collect and analyze data, prepare and present reports, and provide recommendations based on the research findings.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities of a research executive are:
– Conducting desk research and literature reviews on relevant topics and issues
– Developing research proposals, questionnaires, interview guides, and other research tools
– Coordinating and conducting fieldwork activities such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, and observations
– Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate software and techniques
– Writing clear and concise research reports and presentations that communicate the research objectives, methods, results, and implications
– Providing insights and recommendations to the project manager and the client based on the research findings
– Maintaining regular communication with the project manager and the research team throughout the project cycle
– Developing training schedule and training notes
– Extensively reviewing literature
– Ensuring quality control and ethical standards are adhered to in all aspects of the research process
Developing training schedule and training notes
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in social sciences, economics, statistics, research and statistics, demographic studies, public policy, development studies or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in conducting and managing research projects in a development context
- Previous working experience with a development consulting firm is compulsory.
- Knowledge of various research methodologies and techniques, both quantitative and qualitative
- Proficiency in using statistical software such as SPSS, Stata, R, and Power bi.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and preferably another language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Interest and passion for multisectoral issues in the development sector
How to apply
Please submit a CV, cover letter and work samples (not exceeding 3MB in size to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Research Executive” Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time.
Ensure to apply before the 7th of July, 2023.