Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Associate, ThinkMD
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Country Director
Desired start date: ASAP
- As an ideal candidate, you not only have a solid technical foundation in impact evaluation methodology, but you can also independently guide and direct the activities that happen both upstream and downstream of any rigorous, randomized evaluation.
- You enjoy contributing to high-performing teams that drive the production of the highest quality research for our clients and partners.
- You excel in solving problems using clear, strategic, and creative thinking.
- You have a strong social acumen and are excited about the opportunity to broaden, deepen, and manage meaningful relationships with high-level clients and partners across the public, academic, non-governmental, and multilateral sectors.
The Research Associate will perform a variety of tasks related to managing day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation and monitoring quality. These include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating research and implementation efforts with all relevant stakeholders;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising field-based teams;
- Refining and piloting survey questionnaires;
- Supervising and monitoring data collection to ensure high-quality of the data;
- Implementing data quality checks and fixing issues with data collected during data collection;
- Assisting in data cleaning and preliminary analysis and ensuring ready access to all data for researchers and/or supervisors;
- Documenting in detail all activities related to the project;
- Maintaining accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary;
- Preparing high-quality progress and results reports to Principal Investigators (PI), research partners, and funding agencies, and sharing them timely;
- Providing timely updates and responses to partner organizations, and participating in meetings with key stakeholders;
- Providing training and supervision for research project staff (Field Manager);
- Managing project finances including budgeting, expense tracking, and financial reporting;
- Ensuring that all team members follow necessary protocols and procedures;
- Handling day to day PI and partner communications;
- Any other task as assigned by Country Director;
- Keep the Country Director apprised of all developments in the project and serve as the key link between the field staff, research team, and Principal Investigators.
- Support the country office in project and policy development as needed
- Education: Master’s Degree in Economics, Public policy, or other quantitative Social Science disciplines;
- Quantitative Skills: Strong technical understanding of economics and econometrics required. Demonstrated proficiency in Stata, and experience with data management, data cleaning, and regression analysis
- A minimum of 2-year of work experience is required. Experience managing field staff in developing countries strongly preferred;
- Ability to collaborate among geographically and culturally diverse teams to drive common goals;
- Interculturally verseded to build capacity, work with, and live in Nigeria;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines, required;
- Experience working on health-related projects will be preferred;
- Communication Skills: Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills are required;
- Language: English fluency required.
Application Closing Date
Rolling Basis (Ongoin)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online