Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy and RFE Coordinator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Consumer Protection Embedded Lab Manager
Desired start date: ASAP
- Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a global research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. As its core business, IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. IPA has conducted hundreds of randomized evaluations across sectors, learning both whether programs work, and how they can work better.
- Complementing this core business, IPA has developed the Right-Fit Evidence Unit aimed at helping organizations build strong and tailored Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) practices, which balances the need for information on impact with operational data to support management decisions.
- In close collaboration with IPA’s sector programs and country office teams worldwide, the unit provides consulting and direct services to implementers, donors, and governments, with the goal of helping them figure out what reliable data and evidence to gather, how to do it in a cost-effective way, and how to make the promise of data-informed programmatic decisions a reality.
- IPA is seeking a Policy and RFE Coordinator to work closely with a financial services regulator in Nigeria. IPA has established an embedded evidence lab with the regulator, putting a strong focus on equipping them to regularly use evidence to improve their decision-making, policies, and programs.
- This position will support these activities, reporting to a Consumer Protection Embedded Lab Manager and dotted line reporting to the Right-Fit Evidence Unit and Policy & External Relations Team.
- Support mapping of the data needs of specific departments within the regulator against the existing data available, complemented with an assessment of its quality
- Support the analysis and visualization of both primary and secondary data using statistical software such as Stata or R.
- Support the development, design, implementation, and supervision of pilot projects aimed at generating evidence for policy implementation.
- Work closely with the Project manager, Sector and RFE teams to conduct capacity building “learning-by doing” workshops in data analysis, visualization, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of high-quality policy and research outputs such as policy reports, briefs, concept, and notes.
- Support the project manager to prepare and deliver presentations, briefings and other content to CBN.
- Support a variety of strategic MEL activities, including crafting of theories of change and MEL frameworks for programs, designing indicators and data collection tools, and facilitating the dissemination of findings.
- Contribute to dissemination of results from the various lab activities.
- Support the design and delivery or other potential policy and RFE engagements.
- Manage and coordinate administrative and logistical requirements for the lab. Other Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Social Science, Statistics, or a related field 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including experience in research implementation/ data analytics/ M&E (public sector) or organizational performance/R&D/operational research (private sector)
- Experience in analyzing large data sets using R, Python, Stata.
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Superior analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Familiarity with statistical methods, data analysis, and visualization
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others in MEL methodologies or data analysis.
- Ability to present information in a structured and insightful way, both in writing and orally
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility and willingness to learn.
- Passion for making data-driven decision making a reality in the development sector.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Social Science, or a related field
- Experience in management consulting or other professional services
- Experience with programs relating to financial inclusion and/or consumer protection
- Experience working in developing countries
- Familiarity with the concepts surrounding the Theory of Change and the core tools of MEL (both quantitative and qualitative research methods)
- Familiarity with SurveyCTO, Open Data Kit, Kobo or similar survey software
Application Closing Date
Rolling Basis (Ongoin)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online