The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Associate
Job Identification: 11908
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area: Inclusive Growth
Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Duties and Responsibilities
- The program associate will be required to provide administrative support services toward the implementation of the Japan-funded Peace Support Operations Project.
Specifically, the candidate will, among others, be required to perform the following tasks:
- Provides support tothe management of Japan funded projects with support to the other CO programs/projects focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Prepares project annual work plan, draft project report and briefs.
- Support project budget revisions, determination of unutilized funds and financial closure of a project.
- Support of financial process of payment to vendors for the projects.
- Support organization of project trainings and workshops.
- Support MLAILPKC to prepare its financial documents, such as, ICE, Face Form, Request for Direct Payment and organise project events.
- Support collation of project documents, reports for NIM audit and supports implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provides administrative support to the Governance, Peace and Security Unit’s programmes/projectsfocusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of concept notes, Terms of Refence, draft project briefs/reports.
- Contribution to projects’ formulation and projects’ budgets/finance.
- Provision of support to project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Revision of NIM/DIM projects Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in QUANTUM.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects and register of goos receipt in QUANTUM or any ORACLE application.
- Secondary School Education.
- A university Degree with 0 – 3 years of relevant experience would be considered
Experience & Skills:
- 6 years of relevant experience or 3 years experience with Bachelor’s degree
- Project management,
- Organizational skills (organization of trainings and workshops)
- Administrative support
- Ability to use MS Word software/package is a must.
- Similar work experience in international organization or UNDP constitutes an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular masteryof all applications of the MS Office package.
- Proficiency in MicrosoftOffice and data analysis software.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2023; 04:59 AM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.