Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Business Partner
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Department: People and Culture
- We are looking for People Business Partner(s) to join the People and Culture team. The HR Business Partner plays the vital role of aligning HR strategies and initiatives with the overall business objectives of the company.
- You will work closely with the Head, People Business Partners, and managers to provide strategic support and foster a dynamic and welcoming work environment that encourages effective teamwork, innovation, creativity, high performance and continuous learning.
The People Business Partner will:
- Manage and execute all areas of the employee life cycle within the teams in an efficient and effective manner
- Prepare Reports & Metrics on HR issues
- Execute change initiatives to support the team projects
- Promote and enforce consistency in HR policy implementation within the Company
- Establish networks throughout the company and the People team to facilitate the sharing of best practices
Your Day-to-Day Activities
- Collaborates with managers to understand the organization’s strategic direction and translate it to People team strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure People practices and policies are in line with the overall business goals.
- Facilitate organizational change and development initiatives.
- Acts as trusted advisor to manager and employees. Providing guidance on employee relations matters, conflict resolutions and ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Manage employee grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Implement programs and activities aimed at improving employee engagement.
- Provide support to employees in HR procedures and through the employee life cycle
- Provides HR policy interpretation, implementation and guidance.
- Provides day-to-day guidance to managers and employees on goal setting, performance evaluation, feedback, coaching and development planning.
- Support managers in setting meaningful and achievable goals for their teams, ensuring that performance evaluations are conducted fairly and objectively.
- Address performance-related issues or conflicts within the organization. Assist managers in managing underperforming employees, providing guidance on performance improvement plans or disciplinary actions.
- Facilitate employee development to improve performance.
People Metric and Analytics:
- Utilize data and analytics to measure and analyze HR metrics such as employee turnover, performance, and engagement.
- Use data to identify trends, make data-driven decisions, and develop strategies to improve People processes and outcomes.
People Policy and Compliance:
- Ensure that People policies and procedures are in compliance with country legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor changes in employment laws and regulations and update policies, accordingly, providing guidance to managers and employees on people matters.
- Improves Operational Efficiency within the teams by providing organizational support.
- Implements HR processes throughout the employee life cycle in a seamless manner.
- Ensure that HR processes are simplified and administered efficiently.
- Providing user support for HRIS as required
- Contribute to workflow or process change and redesign and exhibit broader understanding of HR process/policies/guidelines.
Required Competencies and Skillset to be a Waver
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Any HR professional qualification is an advantage
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in HR business partnering or in HR role coordinating cross functional projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience supporting Tech teams is mandatory for one of the roles
- Knowledge of financial services and payment solution industry is critical
- Handling sensitive issues and counseling staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commercially, culturally and diversity aware, high sensitivity to the social, economic and political environments
- High customer focus
- Knowledge of the company’s business
- Managing and implementing change
- Good planning, organization and analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethics, able to handle confidential information sensitively and with integrity
- Fast learner, proactive, agility to function in a fast changing innovative environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online