PalmPay is a pan-African Fintech company currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Egypt, Cote d’iviore and Tanzania and expanding to other markets this year. We are reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We is looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
- As a payroll specialist, you must be able to use MS Excel with accuracy and efficiency.
- You must be very good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information.
- You must also possess great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives. The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee.
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed.
- Address and resolve employee complaints relating to the payroll system.
- Work with company database programs to process payroll.
- Prepare reports to relevant departments about payroll, company budget and expense.
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system.
- Administer statements of payment (Pay Slips) to personnel either electronically or on paper.
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepare reports for upper management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; BSc / BA in Business, Accounting or relevant field is a plus.
- 3 Years Proven experience as Payroll Specialist or Payroll Manager.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online