KwaraLEARN (Leading Education Achievement and Reform Now) is a core new education programme by the Government of Kwara State to deliver dramatic improvements in learning outcomes in public schools for all children across Kwara State. KwaraLEARN will transform all government primary schools across the state into powerful public schools using an innovative technology and data-driven platform, coupled with high-quality learning materials, effective training and ongoing coaching for teachers and school leaders, and technology-enabled support teams to create 360-degree support for learning outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, School Inspection
Employment Type: Full-time
School Inspection Department
- School Inspection is the auditing function of our school operations (facilities, materials & supplies, personnel and processes) against our set of standards and policies to ensure all schools maintain an environment where teaching and learning thrive.
- School Inspection ensures compliance with procedural requirements through frequent school observation visits and audits of school operations.
- Program managers use the data School Inspection collects and audits to uphold a consistent service level standard at each school. Managers also use School Inspection data to validate the data collected from other sources and used by other teams.
- We have established high standards for our many schools. Ensuring these standards are maintained across every single school is integral to the success of our model.
About the Role
- The associate is the eyes and ears of the organisation. You will be part of a highly-trained field monitoring team focusing on systematic school-level monitoring.
- The Associate, School Inspection is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. The role requires someone who has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated tech-savvy individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the School Inspection team even more successful.
- On a daily basis As part of our preliminary research, we would like to conduct a school census in select public schools across the state. The School Census is a comprehensive school audit that collects data about the school, teachers, pupils, and facilities from school records and also by observation.
- The associate is the eyes and ears of the organisation.
- They are part of an existing highly-trained quality monitoring team focusing on systematic school-level monitoring. The Associate, School Inspection is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. The role requires someone who has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated tech-savvy individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the School Inspection team even more successful.
- The Associate, School Inspection is passionate & a relentless advocate for NewGlobe’s vision of democratising the right for all children to acquire high quality life changing education.
- We aim to impact teaching and learning, so we need to deliver high quality data to decision makers at all levels of the organisation & to our government partner. School Inspection ensures that we have accurate knowledge of what is happening in schools by auditing all school management work.
What You Will Do
- Make daily visits to two or more schools (implement the route plan and cluster assignment) to conduct audits of school operations, management tools, materials and processes and populate findings through a digital survey form
- On a daily basis, record and then submit reports including recommendations, on all issues that do not comply with expected standards and respective policies that are observed while at schools to your line manager so as to ensure that parties responsible for resolving the issues act in a timely manner.
- Work together with the Support Office to ensure that School management and established monitoring systems and tools are well implemented and maintained as per desired standards at individual schools by the Head Teachers and teachers.
- Expect to work Monday-Saturday and in some unique cases Sunday.
- Expect to work with new requests evolving within departments as stipulated by the company.
- Additional activities: Assist Other functions in any investigation they would need field support on.
What You Should Have
- A 2-year Diploma or upto two years field experience in Data Collection in lieu of a Diploma.
- Tech-savvy: comfortable using smartphones, tablets, emails and able to manoeuvre through mobile IT systems/applications
- Strong observational and record-keeping skills, detailed and keen to generate high-quality data (willing to clearly indicate when something is not being done correctly)
- Impartial – Able to “stand his/her ground” and not be convinced by any party (e.g. Head Teachers, teachers) to alter the audit findings/information.
- Highly flexible to dynamic work requirements and deliverables including willingness to travel and relocate within the country when required as per job requirements
- Physically capable and comfortable with working long hours at the field including visiting remote locations and exposure to seasonal outdoor conditions.
- Mature and able to work independently and effectively – supervision will largely be done from the Support Office while you operate in the field.
- Malleable learner that’s able to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills – both oral and written
- Problem solving and solution seeking skills will be essential along with a “can-do” attitude.
Who You Are
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future).
- You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online