Future Resilience and Development Foundation (FRAD) is a registered non-profit organization with the corporate affairs commission in accordance with the Nigerian Law. FRAD over the years having been responding to the more than decade long conflict in Northeast Nigeria with operational presence in Various LGAs across the states. FRAD envision a sustainable future where everyone can access development a world no one is left behind, and work with a mission to build the resilience of vulnerable population using locally available solutions that ensures participation and bring meaningful development leaving no one behind. These mission and vision guide our responses and intervention in thematic areas of Nutrition, protection, Education, early recovery and livelihood and food security.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer is to support the project manager in the implementation of the MEAL work plan and contribute to achieving and improving the quality of the program/project.
- The MEAL Officer will provide the support by collecting and managing the program’s/project’s output and outcome data, knowledge and lessons learnt.
- The MEAL Officer will provide support to the program in the field through working closely with the field Manager to ensure the quality of the program/project.
Duties and Responsibility
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all FRAD partnerships and projects, as well as for funding proposals.
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E systems in collaboration with donor and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys; develop and monitor project management plan to systematically document performance.
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Analyse data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes.
- Aggregate and analyse data from across FRAD’s information platform to contribute to management decision-making and reporting.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly reports (QRs); manage preparation of additional reports for donors as required.
- Generate monthly indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed.
- Ensure a unified approach to partner self-assessment and programmatic close-out reporting.
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed.
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way.
- Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submittal to ensure superior quality and professionalism.
- Coordinate responses to requests for information.
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products.
- Support recruiting, interviewing, and training new M&E staff and/or consultants.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organization, donors, private sectors partners, and national authorities.
Experience and technical competencies
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing, and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences; ability to design and implement efficient workflows and procedures
- Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of stakeholder.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Cover letter and CV) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- FRAD Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ethical recruitment, please note that we don’t collect money or participate in any fraudulent activities you can report such to firstname.lastname@example.org