We assist those in urgent need anywhere, anytime, no matter what the conditions, providing lifesaving health care and health care-related emergency services-often within hours. As conditions ease, we work with local leaders to rebuild stronger. In non-emergency settings, our focus is development.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Logistics
- This position will be based in Shani, where the recruited shall support overall IMC operations in Shani.
- Shall be responsible to manage warehouse, fleet, and procurement as well as the IT set-up in the area of responsibility (AoR). With other tasks that might be delegated.
- He/She oversees the vehicle fleet and more globally ensures its proper functioning, as well as the maintenance of all equipment belonging to the site.
- He/She organizes the movement of vehicles on a weekly basis.
- He/She ensures adequate storage arrangements for all property and equipment. He/She ensures proper delivery of all purchases planned for the operational sites.
- He/She prepares and updates the inventory of supplies and equipment for the site, and submits it to the Log Coordinator.
- He/She guarantees that procurement procedures are respected according to the donors’ and IMC’s guidelines.
- He/She guarantees the validity of all the procurement files according to IMC’s procurement policy.
- He/She works in close collaboration with the person requesting the purchase, with strong technical specificity.
- He/She supervises the identification and referencing of suppliers
- He/She ensures that purchase files are correctly archived and sent to main office timely
- He/She contributes to plan and eventually supervise the shipment and delivery of materials/equipment up to their final destination.
- He/She ensures the movement/transfer of documents is properly referenced.
- He/She ensures that all assets are properly identified and registered in compliance with IMC’s procedures and donors’ guidelines.
- He/She Coordinates the IT assets’ maintenance
Education and Qualification
- University Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal or other relevant fields, or First University degree.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management/ office administration (MCIPS, CILM or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- At least three years of practical field operations experience in Logistics Management with an international NGO.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm while dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word) and IT trouble shotting.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Applications to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email
- Application letters and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.