iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning Support Officer (PLRCAP)
Employment Type: Full Time
Description of Duties
- The incumbent will support and effectively contribute to the initiation, planning, design, development and implementation of the PLRCAP NGO Support Hub Learning Program in NIgeria.
- Guided by the PLRCAP technical Lead and under the supervision of the Project Manager, the learning support officer will:
Develop and roll out the PLRCAP Learning Journeys:
- Work with the PLRCAP team and the Hub member organizations to understand organizational needs and develop course outlines and contents.
- Identify and bring on board relevant partners and experts relevant to each learning journey.
- Help organize the development of each course with the experts and partners.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the effective call for course applicants and marketing of each course.
- Manage the participant review and selection process.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure effective delivery of course training and mentorship sessions.
- Work closely with the Learning Coordinator and the PLRCAP Expert facilitators and mentors to develop training materials, presentations, and other resources to support learning initiatives in line with PLRCAP vision and branding.
- Coordinate and ensure effective scheduling and provision of mentorship and coaching to NGO staff to enhance their skills and competencies.
- With support of the Learning Coordinator ensure continued update and improvement of the NGO support curated library of resources.
- Work closely with MEAL Coordinator to collect relevant data for the HUB’s MEAL framework and data collection needs.
Develop and implement capacity strengthening strategies:
- Coordinate and work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the NGO support hub towards addressing the needs of the Nigerian NGOs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify capacity gaps and develop an organizational development plan and strategies to address them.
- Design and implement effective learning and development programs tailored to the needs of Nigerian NGOs.
- Provide guidance on best practices and innovative approaches to enhance organizational capacity.
Provide technical assistance and support:
- Offer on-site and remote technical assistance to Nigerian NGOs for effective onboarding onto the NGO support hub.
- Support Nigerian NGOs to effectively utilize the PLRCAP self-assessment tool to conduct organizational assessments and provide tailored recommendations to improve NGO effectiveness.
Knowledge sharing and networking:
- Stay abreast of the latest trends, innovations, and best practices in NGO capacity strengthening and organizational development.
- Foster knowledge sharing and learning among NGOs by facilitating peer learning platforms, communities of practice, and knowledge exchange events.
- A University Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience and a background in non-profit, internationally-focused organisations;
- Experience in humanitarian, crisis recovery and resilience aspects is highly desirable;
- An appreciation of considerations in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners;
- Proven experience working in the non-governmental sector, preferably in capacity strengthening or organizational development roles.
- Familiarity with organizational assessment tools.
- Good understanding of NGO operations, including project management, fundraising, governance, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong facilitation and training skills, with the ability to deliver engaging and interactive learning experiences.
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with diverse stakehodlers. Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor’s language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client;
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology, proficiency in using relevant software and tools for training, data analysis and knowledge management.
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP in various fora. Maintain effective and positive contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and donor agency officials, when required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Proven ability to work in teams;
- Flexible and creative.
- Willingness to travel domestically is required.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.