iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Coordinator (PLRCAP)
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Length: 10 Months
Description of Duties
- The incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of the PLRCAP MEAL framework, as well as lead and manage the PLRCAP research inititiaves. Specific duties are as follows.
- The incumbent reports to the PLRCAP Project Manager and works closely with the PLRCAP technical lead.
- Develop and implement comprehensive MEAL frameworks, systems, and tools to ensure high-quality program monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the Hub’s NGO support activities.
- Design and oversee the implementation of project-specific MEAL plans, including data collection methodologies, indicators, and targets.
- Lead the development and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) for projects, ensuring that data is collected and analyzed regularly to measure program effectiveness and impact.
- Conduct field visits as necessary to meet with participating organizations, monitor project activities, and ensure adherence to MEAL standards.
- Lead on the development of Hub feedback mechanisms and ensure effective accountability mechanisms are in place.
- Maintain an organized system for storing and managing program data, reports, and other MEAL-related documents.
- Oversee the timely preparation and submission of high-quality monitoring, evaluation, and research reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
Organizational Self-assessment and Development Planning:
- Take the lead in collecting and adapting organizational development assessment tools to build the Hub’s self-assessment and organizational development planning tools and programming.
- Development of a tool for program quality assurance and conducting periodic data quality assurance of the entire PLRCAP program.
Research and Knowledge Sharing:
- Lead and supervise research initiatives, including NGO capacity assessments, identification of challenges and success strategies baseline studies, evaluations, and other research activities to generate evidence and inform course and program design and implementation.
- Facilitate the dissemination of research findings through various channels, including reports, presentations, workshops, and publications.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, best practices, and innovations in MEAL and research methodologies.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that promotes teamwork, learning, and knowledge exchange.
- An Advanced University Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. Social Sciences, International Development, etc).
- Proven experience in designing and implementing MEAL frameworks, systems, and tools
- Strong research skills, including experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Solid understanding of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, data analysis techniques, and statistical software.
- Familiarity with international donor requirements and experience in preparing high-quality reports.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with staff, partners, and stakeholders. Writes clearly and effectively in English (knowledge of local languages is an advantage;) listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor’s language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client;
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology;
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP in various fora. Maintain effective and positive contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and donor agency officials, when required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Proven ability to work in teams;
- Flexible and creative.
- Willingness to travel frequently to project sites and work in challenging environments.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.