TAF Africa (Formerly The Albino Foundation) is a Non-Governmental Organisation registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission. TAF’s work focuses on the inclusion of persons with disabilities in Nigeria’s socio-political economy through advocacy action, legislative and policy change interventions, as well as collaborations for mainstreaming disability inclusion. TAF’s vision as a leading disability champion in Nigeria is an inclusive society for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Category: Administration/Operations/Support
Reporting to:Chief Executive Officer
- The Human Resource Officer will maximize the productivity of the organization by optimizing staff effectiveness.
- The job holder will be responsible for promoting the organization’s HR practices and ensuring the implementation of the Human Resource Policy and functions in major areas of staffing, employee compensation/welfare, discipline, and continuous learning and development.
- The HR Officer ensures that the organization maintains a talented and motivated staff base while maintaining a positive work culture.
- S/he will be responsible for managing physical and electronic personnel reference documents (by maintaining documentation, filing systems, and contact database), staff insurance, and staff/ consultants’ contractual agreement while coordinating recruitments and the performance management process.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Support the development and review of all HR policies and procedures
- Play a lead role in all recruitment and onboarding processes
- Manage contractual agreements and renewals
- Lead the organization’s performance management processes
- Manage the development and implementation of the staff development plans for each year
- Manage the Human Resource Management Information systems for staff’s data capturing
- Provide counseling on organizational culture, policies, and procedures
- Support the management of disciplinary and general welfare issues
- Ensure legal compliance and best practices in employment practices and working conditions
- Provide HR Support for all Teams.
- All other responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor.
- Internal: All staff
- External: Service providers, Partners, and other stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ssocial Sciences or Arts / Humanities – Essential
- Membership of CIPMN and NIM or any other relevant professional Institute – Desirable
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience in Human Resources Management (HRM).
- Experience in handling all logistics issues associated with HRM.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Experience in basic financial management.
- Experience in office administration.
- Experience in working with a non-governmental organization
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to think Strategically
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
- Experience in planning and coordinating training/meetings
- Ability to Multi-task
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Effective team player
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using “HR Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.