Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start Date: June 2023
Reporting to: Finance Manager
- We are currently looking to fill the role of a Finance Officer, who will be responsible to provide support on all financial activities in the base which will impact on the overall financial plan of the Nigerian mission.
- Daily record of all bank account expenses in the excel book, in respect of Action Against.
- Ensure bank books & cash book are closed, reconciled & sent to capital on monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts;
- Make payments after verifying the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the Action Against Hunger procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed.
- Ensure that the cash box, bank, and the main safe maintain the minimum security amount.
- Maintain cash, bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in finance department;
- Archive financial files as per Action Against Hunger archiving guidelines, keep copies at the base & send original to capital on monthly basis;
- Process the monthly income tax payments (PAYE) as per information provided by the Capital.
- Consolidate withholding tax for remittance at federal and state level;
- Prepare and send EFCC weekly report to capital.
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the Action Against Hunger’s procedures (invoice accurate and signed).
- Ensures that stakeholders payment complies with the Project Activity Resourcing (PAR).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent in Accounting / Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in NGO financial management.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility;
- Very good communication & training skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy and numeracy;
- Fluent in English.
- Committed to ACF values.
- Capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Prior experience in NGOs/INGOs.
- Experience with SAGA accounting system.
- Previous Knowledge of donors environment.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems; knowledge of SAGA would be a plus.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player.
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
- Champion of Action Against Hunger Charter values of; Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
Starting Basic Salary
- NGN326,033 Per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.