Biodun and Ibikunle Foundation is a non-governmental organisation committed to empowering entrepreneurs across Africa with the skills and assets they need to thrive and contribute to the economic development of Africa. Our vision is to engage the entrepreneurial space in Africa and convert potential SMEs into emerging corporates for global influence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Partnership Manager
Location: Remote, WFH.
Reports to: Founder/President
Contract type: 12-month renewable (with 6 months Months Probationary period)
- We are looking for an experienced and results-oriented Grants and Partnerships Manager who will oversee the overall activities related to resource mobilisation, grant seeking and management, fundraising strategies and management, and partnerships management. The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
- Seek for funds and grants for the Foundation’s programmes, activities and operations.
- Coordinate and actively participate in the preparation, writing and submissions of effective grant proposals.
- Map out resource needs and develop resource mobilisation plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan.
- Lead on the development of high-quality grant/donor reports, ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Keep up to date with the donor landscape, priorities and trends and work to identify new donors (including governments, foundations, individuals and corporates).
- Oversee, facilitate and coordinate all aspects of partnership life cycle management, from stakeholder analysis, partner identification, due diligence, project development, agreement, start-up, implementation, monitoring through to close-out, coordinating effectively with all programme, operations and finance components;
- Represent the Foundation’s interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilisation or donor-specific peer networks.
- Promote and enhance existing partnerships and collaborations
- Improve partnership practices by periodically assessing the Foundation’s partnership management approach taking into account diverse perspectives, developing case studies to capture lessons learned and best practices, and making recommendations for improvement.
The best candidate for this role will have:
- At least 3-5 years of progressive relatable work experience in grants sourcing, management, partnership and proposal development in development programs, including field experience;
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations;
- Skills and experience in writing high quality reports and proposals;
- Demonstrable success in resource mobilisation;
- Working knowledge of budget development and management;
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors;
- Good organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong team working and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector;
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
To be determined based on experience.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Your CV should include relevant information on grants gotten and partnerships brokered.