Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising Content and Campaigns Project Lead
Location: Globally Flexible
- In a digital world the need for clear and engaging content for building awareness and driving donations is greater than ever. In this role as the interim Fundraising Content and Campaigns Project Lead, you will consolidate the voices and needs of the fundraising community and support in the creation of joint fundraising packages and marketing campaigns for the global organization.
- You will be part of the Global Fundraising Hub, a high-performing team that supports the global organization to fundraise in more strategic ways, build capacity, scale up and optimize fundraising opportunities as well as foster collaboration and co-creation across the global organization. We work closely with both local fundraising entities and global teams.
- You will act as the link between programs, communications and fundraising to establish effective working processes and create the necessary framework needed to plan, develop, produce and launch global fundraising campaigns and emergency appeals.
- The Project Lead will consolidate needs, create briefs, lead global networks and train staff in fundraising content creation. You will be hands on with creating high quality fundraising content ready to be rolled out in local markets, but also support strategic projects with expertise and know-how.
- You will be a key player in our endeavor to strengthen our processes and mechanisms to create clear and striking global emergency appeals that generate funds for our responses to crises and disasters, followed by donor centric retention and relationship building.
- The role will be responsible for planning, producing and delivering fundraising and marketing campaigns, content packages and humanitarian appeals that can be rolled out in a variety of markets.
- Part of this process is to coordinate internal and external working groups, resources and stakeholders to secure delivery
- Work together with team to develop, design and deliver a global content strategy
- Provide expertise in strategic projects such as global brand refresh and global fundraising innovation
What We are Looking for
- You are a passionate content creator who easily moves between strategy and tactical implementation with experience in and in-depth understanding of marketing and fundraising strategies and techniques.
- You will have proven experience in developing, organizing, producing and launching marketing/fundraising campaigns. And be skilled in creating briefs, writing and putting together visually attractive assets.
- You understand the iNGO sector environment and have a sensitivity for ethical fundraising and storytelling in our context. You have in-depth knowledge in what is takes to create and promote a successful emergency appeal across several local markets and a deep understanding of how to work insights-driven and donor-focused.
- You are relaxed about working in a matrixed and networked team and have the ability to independently collaborate with other entities in the organization to create results. Your superpower is to explain complex issues and solutions in a simple way.
- The location of this role can be flexible where Plan International has an office that can employ on behalf of the Global Hub and you have the pre-existing right to work and live. You may be office, home or hybrid based
Type of Role:
- Fixed term parental leave cover 15th September 2023 – 15th June 2024
We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please respond to the requirements of the role in your cover letter.
- Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.