ActionAid works with poor people in over 40 countries across the world. Our goal? To end poverty. We believe in doing things differently. We know that with the right opportunities, poor people will find their own solutions – and build new lives. ActionAid Nigeria commenced programmatic operations in January 2000 after a Country appraisal which found poverty in the midst of plenty. We commenced work then through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Our works are currently spread across 26 states of the federation.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project.
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit.
- Monitor Partner Budget implementation and performance.
- Work with the Partnership Finance Manager and Project Lead on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting.
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners.
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Support implementing partners organizations’ grant management process.
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partnerorganizations.
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by line manager or Head of Finance.
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organization.
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals.
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and/or Management.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: All AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners and other stakeholders
- Essential: First Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Desirable: Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems.
- Sound practical Knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets.
- Development sector experience as a finance person
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Ability to work well with or without supervision
- High sense of integrity
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the application form accessed below and send it in MS Word format to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.