ALSAR (Anchor for Life Support and Resilience) is a non-profit organization committed to empowering communities across Nigeria through education, skill-building, and sustainable programs. With a focus on environmental initiatives and post-conflict peacekeeping efforts, ALSAR strives to create a peaceful and resilient world for all, fostering empowerment, inclusivity, and sustainability.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit , Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant , NGO/Non-Profit
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to ALSAR’s procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the programs manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending ALSAR’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the management in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Degree/HND in Finance, Business or Administration related courses
- Essential 2 year working experience as HR and Finance office
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Result and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behaviour flexibility, Service Orientation, Stress Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.