ALSAR (Anchor for Life Support and Resilience) is a non-profit organization committed to empowering communities across Nigeria through education, skill-building, and sustainable programs. With a focus on environmental initiatives and post-conflict peacekeeping efforts, ALSAR strives to create a peaceful and resilient world for all, fostering empowerment, inclusivity, and sustainability.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
ALSAR seeks a Procurement Administrative and Logistics (PAL) responsible who will provide relevant program, administrative and logistics support for project activities in line with organizational expectations and guidelines. He/she will also assist and provide administrative and logistics support to program staff in the implementation of ALSAR day to day activities. The personnel will ensure office utilities, internal control, visitors/workshops logistics are provided.
The position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State with frequent travel across project locations in Nigeria where applicable.
- Provide technical support towards effective and efficient day to day operations of the organization.
- Maintain and update organization databases and organize a filing system for important and confidential organization documents.
- Ensure the organization runs smoothly while demonstrating initiative and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos, forms and ensure that everyone is kept current of necessary news and information.
- Planning and coordinating administrative procedures, systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Assessing staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned.
- Responsible for and accountable for, the delivery of all logistics and supply chain related activities in accordance with ALSAR logistics policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support to logistics staff across all field sites, in accordance with ALSAR logistics policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all procurements are tracked and recorded to identify items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process and ensure open and free competition process for all procurements.
- Proactively coordinate and direct the management and tracking of all medical supplies, equipment, material in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution to include the locating and negotiating contracting for storage/warehousing that is secure, well-maintained, and meets health and safe working practice requirements.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes and submit monthly logistics reports to the program management team.
- Contribute to the transportation plan design and assist in getting out security clearance for the flight and other clearances.
- Help coordinate general day-to-day office transport for staff movement – act as fleet officer.
- Support the project team with development of specifications for required goods and services.
- Collaborate with the project team to define the technical details, timetables and contractual requirements to support complex and dynamic procurements.
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships with suppliers.
- Prepare draft RFQs and RFPs for review.
- Obtain quotations from vendors.
- Follow ALSAR Procurement Guidelines and ensure compliance with ALSAR donor’s policies.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, and Amendments.
- Maintain Procurement files including POs files.
- Create and maintain a vendor database.
- Consolidate and circulate weekly procurement status reports and tracker for each department.
- Promptly process procurement requests and procurement of items that are necessary for programming and daily operations.
- Conduct market surveys, obtain official bids, and other needed documents from bidders in the market in order to respond to daily offices’ needs of goods and services for Program and daily offices operations.
- Prepare bids analysis, selection memos and convene procurement committee meetings.
- Negotiate prices and obtain best possible rates and deals for ALSAR
- Review, prepare and/or amend and process procurement documents for submission to ALSAR finance team for payments.
- Assist in training of staff on procurement procedures and requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics, Management, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ demonstrated experience in field operations and logistics.
- Experience working with NGO is preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least one year of proven experience in activities listed above.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, detail-oriented and meticulous in approach to tasks.
- Proficient use and a good knowledge of MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.