African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EOI – Senior Web and Mobile Applications Developer – TCIS
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Job Type: Contract
Consultant Type: Individual Consultant
Commencement Date is expected for: 01st August, 2023
Expected Duration of the Assignment: 12 months (The renewal will be subject to the consultant’s performance and the availability of the budget)
Job Family: Information Technology
- In the context of the “Mobile First Program” initiative managed by the Information Technology Department of the African Development Bank, the main objective of the mission is to provide the different expertise and skills in the analysis, development and deployment of the web and mobile based applications as per the specifications and priorities defined by the Technical Lead with whom the Consultants will be working and collaborating.
Scope of the Services
- The assignments above will require one sound expert in web and mobile applications.
- The Consultant will have to conduct Analysis, development and deployment of the above-mentioned applications as per the specifications and priorities defined by the Technical Leadwith whom they will be working and collaborating.
- These assignments will mainly involve the following tasks:
- Collect, analyze and document business users needs as per the Bank’s applications development standards and procedures
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions by the means of prototyping and wireframe
- Develop automated test scenario for ensure quality applications
- Develop new features in various applications;
- Write documentation for each phase of the applications development life cycle;
- Design and build iOS, Android and cross-platform mobile applications
- Produce fully functional mobile applications while writing clean code
- Write unit tests and UI tests to identify malfunctions and fixe any encountered issues and bugs
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Ensure knowledge transfer to AFDB technical team thru adequate documentation and training for end users
Profile of the Consultant
The candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- At least Master’s / Engineer Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related Business fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in web and mobile solutions design;
- Strong Object-Oriented design and programming skills with Swift and Flutter and Ionic
- Familiarity with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc)
- Familiar with Xcode and other cross-platform mobile development IDEs
- Familiar with the Android SDK
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Proven experience with React, Node.js, and latest mobile development technology
- Sound experience in applications development using Groovy/Grails, Java/J2ee (Java2 Enterprise Edition) under Oracle WebLogic 11g or Tomcat application server’s deployment Platform
- Sound experience Spring Tool Suite, Groovy grails Tools Suite, Eclipse or Intelli-J
- Sound knowledge of Integration scenario using tool like Talend Studio
- Excellent experience in putting in place complete documentation at each phase of the development life cycle
- Good experience in the development of comprehensive Tests plan and cases
- Sound knowledge in using version control tools such GIT, GITHUB
- Capable of working under tight schedule
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Good exposure and experience working with International development institution or big corporate
Establishment of the Short List
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end the request of
expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria – on the basis of their updated resume:
- Level of education in general 20%
- Educational level compared to the field of mission 20%
- Years of experience in general 20%
- Number of years of experience relevant to the mission 40%
Application Closing Date
30th June 2023 at 17:00 hours, Abidjan local time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest to: email@example.com specifically mentioning “Senior Web
and Mobile Applications Developers.”
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address above during the Bank’s working hours: from 08:00 to 17:00 hours, Abidjan Local Time.
For the attention of:
IT Recruitment Team,
African Development Bank,
Corporate IT Services Department (TCIS),
Avenue Joseph Anoma, 01 B.P. 1387,
Abidjan, Côte d’ivoire.
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department (TCIS) invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services.
- Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (CV using the template as Annex 1, documents, reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedures shall be in conformity with the Bank’s procedures for the acquisition of consulting services funded by the administrative or capital expenditure.
- Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- The assignment period is expected to last twelve (12) months. The renewal will be subject to the consultant’s performance and the availability of the budget.
- The commencement date is expected for 01 August 2023.
- The work will be mainly carried out at the Bank’s Headquarter in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.