Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervene in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development-related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing efficient and effective HR services, managing employee relations, coordinating recruitment and selection processes, maintaining HR data and records, and supporting the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- The HR Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Advisor: Human Resources and Strategic Development and Senior Management to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization’s HR operations.
- The Human Resources Coordinator provides practical timely support, advice, and direction to Idmibok International staff on the full life cycle of HR activities. S/he is a culture champion and enthusiast leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, succession planning, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Oversees the onboarding process for new hires, including the preparation of employment contracts, orientation materials, and induction programs.
- Provides support and guidance to other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Actively supports new business in the recruitment of consultants for proposal development efforts.
- Participate in stay and exit interviews.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes collaborating with departmental leads to understand skills and competencies required for openings, short and long listing, interviewing, salary negotiations, and hiring qualified job applicants.
- Write and update job descriptions as needed.
- Directly manages internal and external HR-related projects.
- Supports the project States in the management of State and ad-hoc staff.
- Actively supports new business in technical writing for HR management-related proposals.
- Extends offers and takes the lead on succession planning, promotions, and transfers.
- Assist in creating learning and development programs and initiatives that provide development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, mediation, and investigations. Escalate employee relations issues, as necessary.
- Ensure that department records, organizational chart, and directory are maintained and up to date.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating, and rolling out the performance evaluation program.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provides support and guidance to HR officers in their respective areas of work.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring the growth and development of the HR Officers
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or a related field. HR certifications are an added advantage.
- Proven experience of about 3 years in HR roles, preferably within an international development organization or a similar environment.
- Solid understanding of HR best practices, labor laws, and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data management and record-keeping.
- Proficiency in HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and other HR software applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Proactive and solution-oriented mindset with the ability to think critically and propose innovative HR solutions.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “HR Coordinator”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.