African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expressions of Interest: Senior ECM Developers – TCIS
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Job family: Information Technology
Objectives of the Mission
- The main objective of the mission is to implement Enterprise Content Management (ECM) modules. This includes implementation supervision, ECM application development as well as ECM configuration, integration and other tasks.
Activities & Deliverables
The Consultant will have the main task of managing the full life cycle of ECM modules implementation, including detailed business requirement definition when needed, configuration, development, and support. Among other things, it will have to perform the tasks that follow:
- Implement the ECM modules for which he will be responsible
- Interact with user during the entire implementation process to produce the module that will match user expectations (Using agile methodologies)
- Develop and test Java Enterprise Edition web applications based on ECM platform using IBM Filenet API and CMIS API. Develop according to the requirements using standards development methodologies in force within the department
- Develop Filenet background jobs and actions.
- Make appropriate configuration in the ECM system including:
- Metadata definition, classification, workflows etc…
- Connectors configuration (Sharepoint, SAP; CMIS)
- Scanning software configuration
- Triggered action and background jobs configuration
- Develop or implement tools related to the Bank’s file plan and metadata database management.
- Produce appropriate documentation for each stage of the life cycle of the implementation process
- Produce appropriate configuration documentations and user manuals.
- Supervise junior consultants or external firms work
- Supervise training and assistance to end-users.
- Knowledge transfer to the Bank staff.
- Any other activities in relation with Business Development
- User business requirements when needed
- Fully workable systems and configurations
- Modules Design and configuration documentation.
- Test cases
- User manuals.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
Skills in the following areas:
- At least Master’s / Engineering Degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in IT systems implementation
- Minimum 2 years experience in Enterprise Content Management platforms (Configuration, Administration, Development). IBM Filenet preferably.
- Experience in scanning software
- Experience working with institutions in development or the big business industry.
- Knowledge of the techniques and technologies of communication.
- Proficiency in English and/or French
Qualifications in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management platforms. Knowledge of IBM Content Foundation (Filenet) is highly desirable. This Includes advanced configuration like meta-data definition, triggered action and background jobs development and configuration, import script configuration, etc…
- Knowledge and proven experience in Java Enterprise Edition web applications development and related frameworks.
- Knowledge and proven experience in development of ECM application using APIs like CMIS or Filenet API.
- Knowledge of scanning software and advanced configuration (Kofax Express and/or IBM DataCap preferably)
- Knowledge of the use of the web services,
- Knowledge of Tomcat preferably or of JavaEE application servers,
- Experience in the development of Mobile (iOS, Android) solution
- Knowledge in the use of GIT and Team Foundation Services (TFS) and/or Azure DevOps
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department (TCIS) invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services.
- Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (CV using the template as Annex 1, documents, reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a shortlist, and the selection procedures shall be in conformity with the Bank’s procedures for the acquisition of consulting services funded by the administrative or capital expenditure.
- Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- The assignment period is expected to last twelve (12) months.
- The commencement date is expected for 01 September 2023.
- The work will be mainly carried out at the Bank’s Headquarter in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
- Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: from 08:00 to 17:00 hours, Abidjan Local Time.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of interest must be received by email at the address below and specifically mentioning “Expression of Interest – Senior ECM Developers”.
For the attention of: IT Recruitment Team
African Development Bank,
Corporate IT Services Department (TCIS),
Avenue Joseph Anoma, 01 B.P. 1387, Abidjan, CÔTE d’IVOIRE,
Establishment of the Shortlist
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end of the request of expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria on the basis of their updated resume:
- Level of education in general 20%
- Educational level compared to the field of mission 20%
- Years of experience in general 20%
- Number of years of experience relevant to the mission 40%