Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering / Maintenance Manager
Job Number: 24015465
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Position Type: Management
Job Category: Engineering & Facilities
- Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Core Work Activities
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets:
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
- Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
- Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
- Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
- Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
- Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
- Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
- Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards:
- Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
- Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online