Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War. Langdon-Davies conceived the idea of a personal relationship between a child and a sponsor – a model that puts the child at the centre, and remains the core of what we do. Today, Plan International is a global organisation that is active in over 70 countries to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. Founded over 70 years ago, Plan is a nearly $800 million organization often ranked among the top 10 international development agencies by reputation, size and scope. We work side-by-side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, developing solutions to ensure long-term sustainability. Our level of community engagement, long-term outlook and constant focus on the needs and priorities of children is unique among international development organizations. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs, to education projects and child protection initiatives. Community by community, Plan works to promise futures that are worthy of all children’s potential. Our Vision Our vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Our Mission Plan strives to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of vulnerable children in developing countries by: Enabling children, their families and their communities to meet basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies; Fostering relationships to increase understanding and unity among peoples of different cultures and countries; and Promoting the rights and interests of the world’s children.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Other
- Job Field: Consultancy
The consultant is expected to have at least master’s degree in Public health, Livelihood, food security Household, Economic Strengthening, Education, or other related field and five years of work experience with the following additional requirements:
- Over 10 years working experience in Education, livelihood, household Economic strengthening response and cash transfer programming (Experience in North east Nigeria context is desirable).
- Have carried out similar assessment(s) in the north east region or in other areas with similar context. The sample assessment(s) must be attached
- Strong analytical skills and research experience, with solid knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Advanced experience in evaluating gender equality, youth development, child protection and or youth focused projects, preferably in the field of youth life skills and development programmes. This includes previous experience conducting Focus Group Discussions and Interviews.
- Ability to conduct meetings with senior persons at government, Bi-lateral and NGO level
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines
- Attention to produce and present high-quality accurate presentations/reports
- Ability and willingness to travel to very remote areas
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good skills in documentation and reporting
- Familiarity with youth unemployment issues in Borno State
- Experience/understanding of Child Rights Programming and development
For a detailed information about this job, click here: https://tinyurl.com com /mwa5mans
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Nigeria.firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.