Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Operating in Nigeria since 2008, Mercy Corps has been providing critical relief aid, empowering communities to prevent and respond to violence, inclusive economic development, recovery from crisis, building better lives and transforming their communities for good.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Documentation of CIPP Approaches
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Lokoja – Kogi, Makurdi – Benue and Plateau
Employment Type: Contract
Reports Directly To: CIPP Chief of Party
- CIPP is looking for a consultant to support the CIPP program to document its approaches under various Outcomes/Objectives
- The consultant will compile CIPP approaches under the six outcomes that will demonstrate best practices for use by current teams or future MC programs and beyond.
- While the approaches will be Nigeria context specific, they will also provide some general insights on how peace building programs support overall governance.
- The consultant will work with the MC Technical Support Unit to provide inputs for the drafts compiled at the country level.
- The consultant will also work with the infographics intern to produce a well branded product for dissemination to various projects within Mercy Corps and beyond.
- June 1- August 31 2023
- Develop workplan for the development of the products
- Review various reports and other documents that will provide critical information to drafting key approaches
- Draft the CIPP approaches outlined as follows:
- CIPP approach to Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism;
- CIPP approach to EWER (ensure to include elections related EWER as one of the pieces)
- CIPP approach to peace building and economic livelihood
- CIPP sustainability and localization approach
- CIPP approach to Conflict Sensitivity and Do No Harm
- CIPP approach to Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism
- CIPP approach to Private Sector engagement
- CIPP approach to media and peace building
- CIPP approach to CLA
- CIPP approach to using evidence-based Research
- Produce drafts for review by the Country teams
- Coordinate with the TSU in finalization of the products
- Produce fully branded products
Mercy Corps responsibilities:
- Provide all the required documentation for review
- Provide support in obtaining necessary information from Partners;
- If requested by the consultant, provide an office space for work during compilations
- Payment to the consultant as agreed in the contract
- Provide own transport to and from work (office, meetings related to the tasks)
- Provide own computer
- Provide own airtime for calls and data
- Deliverables as stipulated above
|S/N||Task||Deliverable||Total Number of Working Days|
|1||Develop a workplan for the Products development||Workplan for development of products||2 days|
|2||Review various documents needed for drafting the products/approaches||N/A||10 days|
|3||Develop and submit first batch of products to CIPP COP (3 products)||First draft of three products||12 days|
|4||Incorporate feedback into final versions of first three products||Final drafts of first batch of three products||3 days|
|5||Develop and submit second batch of products to CIPP COP (3 products)||First draft of second batch of products||12 days|
|6||Incorporate feedback into final versions of first three products||Final drafts of first batch of three products||3 days|
|7||Develop and submit final batch of products to CIPP COP (4 products)||First draft of final products||16 days|
|8||Incorporate feedback into final versions of final four products||Final drafts of last batch of four products||3 days|
Qualifications and Requirements
- Consultant should have a B.Sc. in any Social Science field, MSc is preferable.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in peacebuilding, communications, technical writing, and report writing, documentation etc.)
- Prior experience working in international development
- Knowledge of communications in peacebuilding and conflict management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven skills in the use of Microsoft Office
- High regard for organizational culture.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, and reporting
- The consultant is expected to work for 61 days for a performance period of three months; June to August, 2023
- 30% upon submission of final drafts of first three products
- 30% upon submission of final drafts of second three products
- 40% upon submission of final drafts of final four products.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Applicants will submit the documents below to: email@example.com using “Consultant for Documentation of CIPP Approaches” as the subject of the mail.
Documents to be submitted:
- CV and Cover Letter in one document
- A portfolio of previous work related to the task that demonstrates experience in the field.
- A plan outlining how the individual intends to achieve the deliverables.
- Financial Proposal.