Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – KCC Project
Contract Duration: 2 months
- The KCC Project on Menstrual Hygiene Management is a 26 Months Project (May 01 2021 – July 31 2023) funded by Kimberly-Clark Corporation (Kotex) implemented by Plan International in Bauchi State with an overall objective to: increase the individual and collective agency of women and adolescent girls to exercise their rights to gender-responsive, adolescent-friendly and inclusive menstrual hygiene management.
- Project is being implemented in 3 LGAs in Bauchi: Bauchi, Katagum and Ningi LGAs targeting:In and out-of-school adolescent girls and young women.
- Involving Local Civil Society Organizations and in partnership with the Bauchi Ministry of Health, Education, Women and Child Development and the Min. of Youths and sports, other partners include the SPHCDA and SUBEB.
Dimensions of the Role
- The consultant would lead the Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state and work closely with the State and LGA government officials and other stakeholders for delivery of quality project results in line with donor and state expectations.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- The timely delivery of project interventions and results with support from the Roving Project Coordinator.
- Gender equality and child safeguarding processes are sustained in the project.
- Development, updating and submission of the monthly project reports.
- Strategic engagements including facilitating coordination meetings to promote local ownership and sustainability by stakeholders.
- Build on existing work relationship at the LGA and State level, technical working groups and others.
- Ensure strong cooperation and coordination with Gender Equality and Child safeguarding units to ensure all programming is sensitive to and, where possible, actively reducing protection risks amongst vulnerable population groups.
- Ensure effective networking and coordination with relevant stakeholders, such as Government authorities, other NGOs, and relevant Agencies operating in the Health/SRH/menstrual hygiene management space in Bauchi state.
- Participate with support from the Roving Coordinator in Monthly Check in with the USNO team.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Education in Medical Sciences, Social Science or related course.
- An Advanced Degree such as MPH, M.Sc in International Development or relevant health field will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years experience or more providing technical support to health interventions especially SRHR and Menstrual hygiene management projects in Nigeria, preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including government, traditional leadership, and civil society.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization and engagement on SRHR/MHM projects.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, knowledge of Hausa language preferred but not required
- Excellent skills in documentation and reporting
- Basic financial and administrative skills
- Good computer literacy skills.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.