Established in 2019, Protection without Borders league (POWIB) is an independent youth-led non-governmental organization which operates by principle of non-discrimination, transparency in rendering specialized services, responses and assistance to individuals and families in need. POWIB provide services and assistance in the areas of Child Protection, Health, Education, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Counter-trafficking, Countering Violence Extremism (CVE), Capacity Building of CBOs and CSOs, peacebuilding, data collection and analysis, humanitarian and development research and analysis. Response is delivered due to the negative impact of conflict in affected communities while paying specific attention to the most vulnerable among the affected populace.
The organization is looking forward to recruit an experienced Child Protection Officer willing to work within the tenets of the humanitarian and organization’s guiding principles and policies.
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Location: Borno (Maiduguri)
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 6 months
- Daily coordination of case management activities in the various communities.
- Management of the referral pathway ensuring coordination with partners on referrals
- Supervision/coaching of case workers and database officers.
- Organize and facilitate periodic planning and program reviews meetings with Child Protection team.
- Participate in management of complex or high-risk child protection cases including managing a limited number of cases requiring specialized interventions.
- Participate in the family level interventions with social workers to effectively manage outcomes or interventions; including participation in selected follow ups.
- Review triages and guiding social workers in determining the best course of action in case management.
- Support in the conduction of community mobilization for child protection including work with child protection committees
- Participate in need assessments and project evaluations aiming at contributing to the development of the child protection program strategy.
- Organizing and conducting training for Child Protection team.
- Represent POWIB at camp level case management and coordination meetings.
- Develop field reports on a periodic basis.
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirement and Qualification:
- Bachelors’ degree or any equivalent experience in social work, social science or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in case management
- Experience working with UASC and survivors of violence in emergency preferred.
- Strong ability to lead women centers and child-friendly spaces preferred.
- Experience in community participatory techniques and community mobilization.
- Team management experience.
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Strong training experience required.
- Good computer skills most importantly MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in the case management process and knowledge of BIA/BID
- Experience in mental health and psychosocial support programming
- Has significant experience of working in the Child Protection sector.
- Has basic understanding of the main principles and approaches to child Protection programming
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hausa are essential; other North-Eastern language is an asset.
- Ability to facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Excellent community mobilization skills
Deadline: 10th July, 2023.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.