Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate. In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the sample logistics system in the Global Fund TB PPM program in the DFB Coverage States, Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is seeking for qualified persons to fill up the position below.
Job Title: Sample Referral Consultant (PPM Grant)
Locations: Edo, Ekiti, Kwara, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, and Oyo
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the technical guidance and overall supervision of the Program Manager (TB PPM Grant), the Sample Referral Consultants shall be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of Sputum Movement in the State of assignment.
- Provide technical support to the riders in ensuring that programmatic data and administrative support are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Process, verify and present relevant sample shipment data for monthly reimbursement
- Support the DFB IT officers as well as the DFB M&E officers in ensuring the regular maintenance of the sample shipment database/information system
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to each local government in their state.
- Support the programme department in the monthly appraisal of the adhoc staff involved in sample logistics
- Support the DFB IT officers in harmonizing the data submitted in the shipment forms with those on the sample referral dashboard
- Regularly monitor the retrieval of the results of samples sent to the GeneXpert/AFB microscopy labs
- Ensure the effective transportation of samples from the facilities to the designated laboratories and in accordance with the Global Fund PPM policy
- Regularly monitor the retrieval of TB investigation results and their uploading on the DFB sample dashboard and MATS application
Education / Experience
- Minimum of BSc / B.A / HND in Biological / Medical Sciences or it relevant field with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience in logistic management. Experience in TB-related program(s) will be an added advantage
- Previous leadership experience in a related role will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literacy with competency in Microsoft office package.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- Age: Not more than 35 years.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.