Established in 2019, Protection without Borders league (POWIB) is an independent youth-led non-governmental organization which operates by principle of non-discrimination, transparency in rendering specialized services, responses and assistance to individuals and families in need. POWIB provide services and assistance in the areas of Child Protection, Health, Education, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Counter-trafficking, Countering Violence Extremism (CVE), Capacity Building of CBOs and CSOs, peacebuilding, data collection and analysis, humanitarian and development research and analysis. Response is delivered due to the negative impact of conflict in affected communities while paying specific attention to the most vulnerable among the affected populace.
The organization is looking forward to recruit Logistics and Procurement Assistant willing to work within the tenets of the humanitarian and organization’s guiding principles and policies.
Job Title: Roving Logistics and Procurement Assistant
Location: Borno (Maiduguri)
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 6 months
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Overseeing all procurement activities of the project.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Following and enforcing POWB’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Coordinate activities related to procurement and local purchasing.
- Take care of locally purchased items and project materials from process labour office clearances, procure local purchases, track assets, contact vendors for office assets, renew vehicles’ licenses, arrange for vehicle maintenance, and monitor vehicle use.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
Requirement and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills most importantly MS Word and Excel Peaks.
- Accurate order fulfilment.
- Properly storing incoming products.
- Employee turnover rate.
- Accurate tracking of vehicle.
- A minimum of 2-year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge to handle all documents properly.
- Adaptability to diverse situations.
· Logical decision-making.
- Teamwork competence.
Deadline: 10th July 2023
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.