Sky Rock Hotels is one of the most preferred hotels in Nigeria and are committed to exceeding guests’ expectations. The experience is what you can call ‘Home away from Home’! It is situated in Ikeja, Suburb of Lagos State, the commercial capital of Nigeria. She provides her guests with 5-star services and facilities including well-furnished relaxation rooms, standard swimming pool, well-equipped gym, open bar, indoor bar & restaurant, laundry services, etc., all at low tariffs. At Sky Rock Hotel, we pursue growth and development through continuous learning and constantly adapting to an ever changing world. Also, we are proud to deliver genuine care, comfort and warmth to all our guests.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a passionate, skilled Chef to create delicious meals for our patrons.
- You will be responsible for planning our menu, ensuring that each dish is nutritious and cost-effective, and collaborating with a team of kitchen staff to deliver food that meets the highest quality standards.
- Ensuring that all food is of excellent quality and served in a timely manner.
- Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
- Overseeing all kitchen operations.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Taking stock of ingredients and equipment, and placing orders to replenish stock.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
- Ensure production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Culinary School Degree / Diploma / OND / HND / B.Sc with 2-5 years experience
- Past experience as a working chef in an hospitality industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the culinary arts.
- Perfectionism in sanitation and quality control.
- Portfolio of creative, unique dishes.
- Expert multitasking ability.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to run stocktaking and place orders for resupply.
- Exemplary work ethic in a high-pressure environment.
- Passion and pride for delighting people with food.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using “Chef” as the subject of the email.