First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Specialist – Services
Job Identification: 844
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for development of strategies and plans to achieve maximum value from key focus categories below:
- Property/Real estate
- Facility management
- Coordinate the development of tender documents while applying Procurement principles in issuing Request for Proposal/Quotation and evaluation criteria in conjunction with relevant end-user departments.
- Participate and provide update inputs in project status meetings and operational meetings.
- Collaborate with the Business unit at early stage to define category management objectives and develop sourcing plan for high value and critical sourcing initiatives.
- Monitor First Bank’s procurement strategy implementation through the development of category strategies for cost reduction and value enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom line.
- Determine key market intelligence requirements for supplier/ cost optimization and provide guidance to stakeholders on trends and strategy impacts.
- Facilitate strategic sourcing projects, engaging key stakeholders and the required cross-functional resources.
- Apply knowledge gained from market analyses and supplier analyses to define the best procurement negotiation and contract awarding strategy for the Bank to achieving value for money on all procurement initiatives.
- Assist in managing category needs, spend analysis, update category information to stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to business partners and leadership as appropriate and actively enlist their support.
- Ability to carry out market research for spares and building management system.
- Interpret bill of quantities, specification, and basic measurement.
- Understand various spares and components of hard and soft services.
- Identify sources of different spares, liaise with OEMs, and obtain market intelligence.
- Degree in the built environment – Estate Management, Facility Management, Architecture.
- Engineering, Building, Quantity Surveyor or extensive work experience in construction or facilities management industries.
- PGD/MSC in Procurement, CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years experience in the specialization stated above with experience supervising others.
- Experience in purchasing function.
- Proficient in MS office Applications and other Microsoft tools
- Experience working in a medium sized organization.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023 at 12:59 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online