Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport and Customs Supervisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Planning and supervising the day to day implementation of procedures and administrative processes for the efficient clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Planning and supervising the day-to-day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project), ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a forwarding agent for the mission by ensuring all the importation process in liaison with clearing agents through follow-ups of all importation process in order to release the goods as fast as possible, following up on the MOU and liaising with Ministry of Finances and others for taxes exemption. Being the focal person of the Ministry of Health for the import license by providing all the details on the content of the importations
- Conducting local context watch and proposing best routing for local transport taking in consideration nature of goods and timing and participates in the network for cargo transportation possibilities with the other sections. Organizing regular market consultations and tenders on transport local market (Road, Air …)
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight
- Planning, prioritizing, and organizing the shipment of goods purchased locally and managing all related administration documents
- Communicating with customers, prioritizing transport according to their needs.
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the daily workers, defining each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her specialty and as specified in his/her job description.
- Performing the day-to-day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply supervisor (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line Supervisor and the supply chain manager, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transportation
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
- Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,), and proposing different third-party providers for validation
- Essential technical Diploma, in Supply Chain or Transport
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the supply department.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Stress Management, Teamwork and Cooperation.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Applications must be in Englishandinclude:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.