Universal Humanitarian Aid Initiative (UHAI) is a humanitarian and developmental non-governmental organization that insist that the world can be changed positively where everyone can live a full life and free from poverty. UHAI work nationwide for profound change tackling the root cause of poverty, empowering people to have a brighter future, and creating enabling environment for communities to exercise their capacities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Officer
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems. Providing counselling on policies and procedures. Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- The HR Officer who will support the recruitment process, develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to all employees of the organization.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counselling on policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective on boarding plans.
- Develop training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, certification etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Qualifications / Skills
- B.Sc. / B.A Degree in Business Administration, Social Studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus.
- 3 – 6 years’ work experience.
- Proven experience as HR officer or other relevant HR positions.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- HR Credentials certification with the CIPM is required and other relevant HR Certification will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.