We are the directing and coordinating authority on international health within the United Nations’ system. We do this by: providing leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed; shaping the research agenda and stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge; setting norms and standards and promoting and monitoring their implementation; articulating ethical and evidence-based policy options; providing technical support, catalysing change, and building sustainable institutional capacity; and monitoring the health situation and assessing health trends. Leadership priorities For each 6-year programme of work priority areas are identified where our leadership is most needed.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To develop and implement interventions to strengthen Human resources for health management for a strong primary healthcare system to achieve universal health coverage.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- To support States in the establishment and further development of best practices in the development of their human resources for health based on evidence-based policies, strategies and plans.To encourage and enable the dissemination of evidence-based research results,tools and best practices onHRH developments and support the developmentand maintenance of state HRH databases with reliable and accurate HRH data and information;To provide technical expertise to states for the development, implementation and strengthening of HRH policies and strategic plans including the development of national health information systems, National Health workforce accounts, Health labour market analysis, workload indicators of staffing needs (WISN) and establishing, and adapting existing guidelines and tools for use by member states and technical partners.Ensure full cooperation between organizations working on HRH at national, State levels with emphasis on capacity building and improving M&E and reporting.To support state level implementation of National policies and strategies on key HRH issues, and support resource mobilization and advocacy strategies and the irimplementation6. To perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and back stopping for others as required.
- Essential: First Degree in Medicine, Social Sciences, Public health, Human Resources for Health or basic degree in healthrelated field with a health development subject area such as health education, health communication.
- Desirable: Post-graduate qualification or training in public health and/or health planning and management. Training or qualifications in health system strengthening. Specialization or proven skills in human resources and/or information systems management.
- Essential: At least one year’s experience in the development, management and implementation of human resources for health strategies and policies at the regional, national and/or international levels, including experience working in international organizations
- Desirable: Proven expertise in human resources for health strategies as part of health systems strengthening complemented by a sound knowledge/experience of managing health workers. Track record in health and demographic data collection and analysis, and M&E in the field of human resources for health. Excellent communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to produce technical reports, documents and guidelines in a clear and concise manner with guidance to multiple stakeholders.
- Proven expertise in human resources for health strategies as part of health systems strengthening complemented by a sound knowledge/experience of managing health workers. Track record in health and demographic data collection and analysis, and M&E inthe field of human resources for health. Excellent communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to produce technical reports, documents and guidelines in a clear and concise manner with guidance to multiple.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself