Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Pediatric HIV & PMTCT
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Candidates will provide technical support to implement high quality care, treatment, and support activities with primary focus on pediatrics HIV care and PMTCT including provision of Anti-retroviral therapy (ART), coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical management of and home-based care for HIV/AIDS, including the use of anti-retroviral treatment in state and field-level projects and programs.
- The STO will work with the Senior Technical Advisor to provide strategic direction and technical leadership on pediatric HIV care and PMTCT, provide technical assistance in pediatric ART, PMTCT, OVC services, QA/QI capacity building to field programs, lead the operationalization and scale-up of the AP3 strategy to improve PMTCT, pediatric ART coverage, retention, viral suppression rate and overall treatment outcome.
- Also, he/she will lead the processes for increased access and uptake of PMTCT services while optimizing the entire PMTCT cascade, provide mentoring, monitoring and supervision to the appropriate technical staff to ensure quality ART services and facilitate linkages to OVC services, develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of pediatric HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and OVC services and provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI), childhood illnesses and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program
- Possession of an MPH or postgraduate Degree in a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
7th July 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.