AppZone is Africa’s leading provider of home-grown financial technology solutions. We expand the scope and competitiveness of financial institutions by delivering disruptive innovation on agile technology using best practices. Zone is a regulated blockchain network that enables payments and acceptance of digital currencies. Our Layer-1 Blockchain network digitizes Fiat payments and enables the transition to digital currencies while connecting previously excluded financial institutions into an all-inclusive payment ecosystem.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Blockchain Software Engineer, Smart Contracts
Job ID: 138
Role Reports: The CTO
Grade Level: Architect (Manager)
- We recognize that our super-talented and highly motivated people are at the core of our unprecedented success so far. As such, we hire people with exceptional talents and abilities into an enabling environment where you can become a better version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally while delivering impact and having fun!
- Your contributions have the potential to impact millions of people across Africa as we work together to connect to the future.
- We are looking for a Senior Blockchain (Smart Contracts) Engineer to join the Smart Contracts team. The Smart Contracts team is responsible for designing, building, maintaining, and optimizing all blockchain smart-contracts necessary to cater for the varying use cases delivered on the Zone network.
- As a Senior Software Engineer (Smart Contracts), you are expected to work with a team of brilliant developers to take up the responsibility for tasks/projects and deliver with the highest quality, reliable and scalable code in the shortest possible time consistently.
As a Senior Blockchain Engineer, your job responsibilities include the following:
- Support the design and development of upgradeable smart contracts (such as ERC 20 & possibly ERC 1404) to support upgrades.
- Work with the team to produce scalable and functional applications that meet specifications.
- Perform code reviews, inspecting code quality and assuring process adherence.
- Analyze and contribute to user stories by discussing them with the product owner.
- Provide support and maintain the optimal functioning of the blockchain payment smart contract and related services.
- Training & providing guidance to junior developers and new hires on company frameworks.
- Actively participate in scrum processes with team members.
These are some of the nitty-gritty things you may have listed on your CV/LinkedIn profile but certainly do not define who you are:
- B.Sc in Computer Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience including experience working as an Engineering Manager/Software Development Lead.
We would love to meet you if:
- You want to build something that endures. The legacy of the work you do matters to you.
- You have a deep expertise in using Solidity and DApp development in developing smart contracts and interacting with any Ethereum or any EVMbased blockchain platform.
- You have a good knowledge of blockchain development languages and frameworks such as Vyper, Anchor, Hardhat, Truffle, dapptools, ethers.js, web3.js.
- You have an extensive knowledge of agile software development i.e., SCRUM methodology.
- You have a good knowledge of implementing secure storage and signing of custodial wallets.
- You have a good understanding of Blockchain technology, crypto currencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc), various consensus protocols (Proof of Work, Proof of Stake & Proof of Authority).
- You have a good Understanding of cryptography, symmetric/asymmetric (public/private key), hash functions.
- You have a deep knowledge of Node.js,/Java/C#/Rust/Golang.
- Your contribution to open-source projects on Blockchain/crypto currencies and experience setting up an enterprise and permissioned blockchain platform such as Hyperledger Besu are nice-to-haves.
- You can take ownership of tasks/projects and lead a team with high emotional intelligence.
- You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders.
- You see patterns where others do not in both people and underlying mechanisms that make businesses work.
- You are highly proficient in problem solving, analytical thinking and communication.
- We currently run a flexible work structure; some days are remote while others require you to collaborate with colleagues at the office location.
For each situation, you may have:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV or LinkedIn Profile and a message explaining why you think Zone Payment Network is a good fit for you & what makes you the most qualified to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.