Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit , NGO/Non-Profit
You will conduct risk related activities for the country program (CP) including sub-recipient compliance adhering to CRS policies, local laws, and donor regulations to help ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills will help reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Senior compliance manager and CP leadership on strengthening internal control systems and processes.
- Undertake review of alleged fraud, corruption, and other violations of policy with objectivity, impartiality, and fairness throughout the process and in accordance with CRS policies and guidelines.
- Help identify risk issues and challenges that may affect effectiveness and efficiency of CRS operations and solutions to address them.
- Help implement and advise on the sub-recipient financial management policy (SRFMP)
- Support the planning and performance of internal audits, control reviews and compliance assessments, conduct audit activities as applicable. Help analyze results and provide recommendations.
- Support the design and facilitation of trainings and institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Support external audits and the coordination of action plans to close out audit findings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills
- Good analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills.
- Ability to make sound judgment.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Ability to speak and understand Hausa language is a plus.
- Familiarity with accounting systems.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration or other relevant bachelor’s strongly preferred. Accounting and other relevant certification(s) a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in operations and/or programming. At least 2 of these years entailing audit, compliance, or risk management experience.
- Must be knowledgeable with Performance Based Funding Mechanism.
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations and familiarity with international standards for internal control and risk and compliance management (e.g., COSO, ISO, COBIT).