Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
- IPA Nigeria is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with outstanding coordination, operations, and management skills as a Project Coordinator to support the implementation of a project which partners with regulators, civil society, and academia to promote evidence-based anti-trafficking programming in Nigeria.
- The Project Coordinator will work under the direction of the IPA Nigeria Policy and Embedded Lab Manager and will provide operational, logistics, and procurement support to the Policy and Embedded Lab project portfolio.
- S/He will support in planning, scheduling, and coordinating the project’s activities.
- S/He will also liaise with the relevant country office and partner staff to ensure resources for scheduled activities are available on time and to required quality and standard in line with IPA policies.
The Project Coordinator will perform a variety of tasks related to operations, logistics, and procurement activities, from planning to implementation of the project. These include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise procurements of project goods, assets and services in line with IPA procurement policies
- Manage relationships with suppliers as well as vendor management
- Ensure all payment documents from vendors and suppliers are properly compiled and presented for payments in line with project budget and the IPA procurement policy
- Oversee all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project
- Support coordination of field travels for project staff, partners, and consultants
- Liaises with project team to coordinate logistical arrangements including booking of air tickets, accommodation, etc. for meetings, workshops, trainings and other events
- Continuously analyze and review procedures and processes and identify gaps for strengthening project operations activities and implementation.
- Provide input to and oversee the roll-out and implementation of project operations
- Lead the maintenance and management of the project’s risk register and risk management in general
- Ensure project’s assets assigned to partners are properly managed and the asset register is up to date
- Support with operational engagements and implementation of field activities.
- Support to documentation, drafting and collation of finalized project materials and reports
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree-level education; Master’s degree an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an NGO
- Experience managing compliance requirements for an NGO in Nigeria
- Experience with a wide range of donors
- Experience with operations support management
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Strong communication skills and ability to represent an organization professionally
- Sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse organization
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner but within an integrated team
- Budget development, work-plan Implementation and Expense reporting
- Experience organizing events, such as conferences, workshops or round table discussions
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team