The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Ref. No: IITA/P&C/NRS2023-029
Job Type: Full time
- Facilitate individual farmers and groups training on good and improved agronomic practices.
- Participate in training extension agents, lead farmers and visiting trainees.
- Supervise field-based staff and activities directly related to farmers’ innovation and change processes at community level.
- Supervise field workers and other staff to assist with input distribution for trials.
- Oversee farm farmer participatory demonstration trials.
- Provide technical support to women groups, lead farmers and farmers in the communities.
- Support scientists to conduct nutritional and machine demonstrations.
- Record scientific data and collect information about farmers and groups.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agriculture, Agricultural Extension, Crop Production or other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills, including presentations.
- Be computer literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Show commitment to teamwork with minimal supervision by working positively and cooperatively with others.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online