Moniepoint is a global business payments and banking platform and recently became QED Investors’ first investment in Africa. We are the partner of choice for over 600,000 businesses of all sizes, powering the dreams of SMBs and providing them with equal access to the tools they need to grow and scale.
Moniepoint Incorporated (formerly TeamApt Inc.) was founded with the vision to create a society where everyone experiences financial happiness. We are the parent company of TeamApt Limited, a Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) licensed Switch and Processor, and Moniepoint Microfinance Bank, a CBN-licensed Microfinance Bank.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and development activities to explore new technologies and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Design, prototype, and develop innovative solutions to enhance existing products or processes, ensuring they meet performance and quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, and designers, to develop and implement new technologies or techniques.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements and trends in the field through continuous learning and attending conferences or workshops.
- Analyze data and conduct experiments to validate hypotheses, troubleshoot issues, and optimize performance.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of research findings, experimental procedures, and design specifications.
- Collaborate with external partners, such as universities or research institutions, to leverage their expertise and resources for research projects.
- Assist in the development and execution of intellectual property strategies, including patent applications and technology licensing.
- Participate in project planning and contribute to the development of research goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety guidelines and regulations during the research and development process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Proven experience in a research and development role, preferably in the technology industry or academic setting.
- Proficiency in relevant programming languages and software tools related to software engineering and delivery.
- Strong knowledge of safety protocols and procedures in a research and development environment.
- Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Knowledge of Operating System, Distributed system, Computer Architecture, Computer Networking and Database internals
- Knowledge of Java, Golang, Rust and Python.
- Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to effectively manage timelines and deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and drive research forward
- Mentor and coach younger members of the team
- Organize and supervise breakdown of team activities and deliverables
- Coordinate other administrative activities in the team
What We Can Offer You
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance, plus other benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online