Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a humanitarian and development organization that works in over 100 countries with local partners to help people improve their lives. CRS provides assistance to millions of beneficiaries worldwide each year in various sectors, including agriculture, education, emergency response, health, justice and peacebuilding, microfinance, and water and sanitation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Internet Service Provider
Request for Proposals No: RFQNG11674
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Contracting Entity: Catholic Relief Services (Nigeria)
RFP Table of Contents
- Component I: General Information
- Components II to V are in the Link: (https://tinyurl.com/8w49wa5z)
- Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications
- Component III: Requirements of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Component IV: Supplier Disclosure Request
- Component V: Supplier/Service Provider Code of Conduct
- Component I: General Information
Description of Goods and Services
- CRS invites prospective Suppliers to compete for a contract to provide internet service to CRS’s office in [Nigeria Country Program] for the time period of [One Year.] All bids must fully comply with the requirements of Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications in this RFP.
Intent to Bid:
- Bidders are asked to inform CRS of their intent to bid at your earliest convenience, in part to ensure that all bidders receive any updates or clarifications issued during the solicitation period. Please submit your intent to bid to [email@example.com].
- All documents submitted in response to this RFP, as well as all correspondence in connection with the RFP, shall be in the English language.
Evaluation/Required Proposal Documents
The Bidder’s quote shall include the following information:
- Name of the company or organization
The Bidder’s quote shall include the following documentation:
- Copy of Incorporation/ CAC Registration
- Copy of Value Added Tax (VAT) Certificate
- Updated TAX Clearance.
- A signed Supplier Disclosure Request
- Relevant experience with other bodies/ organizations
- Describe any current or past relationships your organization may have with CRS, and if the relationship is a potential conflict of interest. If there is a potential conflict of interest, please explain how this risk will be mitigated.
- The technical proposal consists of a detailed response to the criteria listed below. Bidders are required to address all criteria with sufficient detail in order for CRS to determine the bidder’s capacity to undertake the Scope of Work.
- Describe the Company on an overall basis, both nationally and internationally (if appropriate)
- Summarize the Company’s qualifications and experience of the activities described in the scope of work
- Provide a detailed track record of previous similar work undertaken
- Demonstrates understanding of each requirement and goal in Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications
- Preference for telecommunications equipment and services:
- All vendors are strongly encouraged to submit an offer in response to this RFP.
- Preference will be given for offers that do not include the following equipment and/or services as a substantial or essential component of their system or as a critical technology part of any system:
- Telecommunications equipment produced by Huawei Technologies Company or ZTE Corporation (or any subsidiary or affiliate of such entities).
- For the purpose of public safety, security of government facilities, physical security surveillance of critical infrastructure, and other national security purposes, video surveillance and telecommunications equipment produced by Hytera Communications Corporation, Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Company, or Dahua Technology Company (or any subsidiary or affiliate of such entities).
- Telecommunications or video surveillance services provided by such entities or using such equipment.
- Telecommunications or video surveillance equipment or services produced or provided by an entity that the US Secretary of Defense, in consultation with the Director of US National Intelligence or the Director of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation, reasonably believes to be an entity owned or controlled by, or otherwise connected to, the government of a covered foreign country.
- Vendors who do submit an offer that includes the equipment and/or services listed above must describe in detail:
- How the equipment and/or services they provide meets the above-stated criteria
- How the equipment and/or services are used in the delivery of the services defined in (Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications)
- Methodology/work plan/approach that addresses each requirement and goal in Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications
- Describe the Company’s experience providing internet services to clients.
- Describe the Company’s capability to provide internet service as detailed in Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications.
- Describe the key personnel to be utilized on the engagement along with resumes of key personnel.
- Ability to meet timetable and schedule of deliverables as outlined in Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications
- Minimum of two proofs of past performance (i.e., an SOW completed of a similar size and scope).
- Minimum of two references.
No financial information or any prices, whether for deliverables or line items, may be included in the technical proposal. Financial information must only be shown in the financial proposal.
For the technical evaluation, a total of 60 points will be assigned to each bid. Bids must obtain a minimum score of 45 to move to the next evaluation stage.
- Bidders are asked to submit a financial proposal with the monthly/yearly cost/ quarterly cost of providing services in accordance with Component II: Scope of Work/Specifications
- All financial information must be expressed in [NIGERIAN NAIRA, NGN].
- The financial proposal will include all costs associated with provision of the internet to the CRS office. No fees, taxes, or additional costs can be added after award.
- The proposal with the most competitive financial offer will be awarded 40 points. All other bidders’ scores will be decreased by 1% for every 1% increase in price from the lowest total price.
- The Technical proposal score and financial proposal score will be added up to reach one final, total score.
Questions on RFP
- Please submit any questions in writing to the RFP via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June, 2023 with the subject heading NG11674-REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. All questions will be answered in blind copy to all potential suppliers.
- Bidders’ proposals must remain valid for 60 calendar days after the proposal deadline.
- Best offer proposals are requested. It is anticipated that a contract will be awarded solely on the basis of the original offers received. However, CRS reserves the right to request clarifications prior to award.
- Furthermore, CRS reserves the right to conduct a competitive range and to limit the number of Bidders in the competitive range to permit an efficient evaluation environment among the most highly-rated proposals.
- Highest-rated Bidders, as determined by the technical evaluation committee, may be asked to submit their best prices or technical responses during a competitive range.
- At the sole discretion of CRS, Bidders may be requested to conduct oral presentations. If deemed an opportunity, CRS reserves the right to make separate awards per component or to make no award at all.
- By submitting a response to this request for proposals, Bidders understand that the donor is NOT a party to this solicitation. Bidders agree that any protest to this request for proposals must be presented in writing with a full explanation of the Bidders concerns to CRS for consideration. The donor will not consider protests made directly to them. At its sole discretion, CRS will make a final decision on the protest.
Application Closing Date
The deadline for receiving proposals is [19th June, 2023] at [5:00pm WAT].
Method of Application
Bidders are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received in accordance with the instructions stated herein. Technical and Financial Proposals should be signed and officially stamped. They should be submitted via email at: email@example.com
Click here to download RFP (PDF)
- Late submissions after the aforementioned deadline date and time will not be considered.
- Please indicate the subject heading as “NG11674-REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL-INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS”