Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Administrative Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months with a possibility of extension
Goal / Purpose
- Under the supervision of the Area Field coordinator Northeast, the Administrative Manager supports the administrative coordinator in processingaccounting and financial transactions, as well as in all tasks and proceduresassociatedwith HR.
- He/she assists the administrative coordinator to define and implement national HR policies at mission level.
- He/she is responsible for implementing and monitoring,in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator, administrative, financial and HR procedures on the different bases.
- The Administrative Manager manages the administrative teams with the support and under the supervision of the administrative coordinator.
- He/she manages the cash processes (cash transfer, donorpayment…) at mission levelunder the supervision of the administrative coordinator.
- He/she takes on the functions of the administrative coordinator in case of absence
List of Main Activities
Financial and budgetary management:
- Elaborate and import budget parameters in SAGA after validation of the desk financialofficer
- Check the monthly projects budget follow ups according to Solidarités format
- Prepare the monthly global budget follow up document
- Prepare the financial reporting requested by authorities (government, ministries…) to be validated by the administrative coordinator and/or the HoM before submission
- Supervise the monthlyclosing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her mission
- Supervise the verification of the accounting files before they are sent to HQ
- Prepare for and support audits or possible inspections
- Monitor enforcement of cash payment rules and accurately record transactions in Saga
- Send the monthly accountancy package to HQafter validation from the administrative coordinator and manage directly the monthly integration at HQ level with the desk financial officer and his/her assistant
- Send all supporting documents relating to account closure to HQ as requested by the accounting manager and desk financial officer(If no accountant is present)
- Centralize the base’s accountancy within the Saga software
- Supervise the verification of the base’s accountancy (descriptions, accounting codes, budget headings, reconciliation, monthly exchange rate)
- Supervise the physical verification of invoices and cash inventories in each Balzac
- Management of the mission bank Balzacs
- Send Saga after integration to the different bases
- Supervise vouchers and other back up documents to be sent to HQon a 6 month basis
- Lead the semi-annual and annual accounting closure with his/her administrative team and under the supervision of the administrative coordinator and/or the desk financial officer(accrual expenses, balance of holidays, debt situation, asset purchases, donations in kind, etc.)
- Centralize the monthly cash forecast of each base and prepare the document under the supervision of the administrative coordinator
- Process and monitor the cash transfer from HQ in Paris
- Manage the cash-flow at mission level and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied for each base
- Monitor the security of funds and propose improvement of the internal cash transfer process at mission level to the administrative coordinator
- Monitor donor installment at field level (if any)
Administrative Follow up:
- Monitor the implementation of administrative, financial and HRrules and procedures
- Ensure that the administrative calendar is respected by the administrative team
- Follow up on the lease agreement
- Ensure completion of paper and digital filing, as well as securing administrative documents on all bases
- Supervise the back up of all files at coordination level on a regular basis and ensure the filling of these documents
Legal Follow up:
- Track changes in national laws and policies
- Prepare and control tax payments, (income tax, VAT…)
- Implementation of the National HR Policy:
- Take part in the development of the national HR policy
- Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policy and social welfare on the mission
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policy
- Propose improvements to employee working conditions
- Ensure appropriateness and coherence between mission job descriptions and SI standard job descriptions
- Ensure the SI job matrix is applied on the mission and the recruitment process respected
- If necessary, participate in rewriting the salary matrix (benchmark…)
- Continually ensure coherence between SI HR policy and national laws
HR Management for National Staff:
- Ensure that declarations and payment of taxes and charges are made to relevant organizations
- Keep informed of all bills and changes associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training.
- Improve staff working conditions in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator
- Collect the necessary information for monitoring changes in the cost of living.
- Check the monthly salaries
- Verify the base’s salary databases and payroll processing (Balzac XX)
- Check the update at base level of the HR linked information through Homère software
- Supervise the update of all HR-related documents at mission level and filing at coordination level
- Monitor adhesion to national HR policy at mission level
- Update staff records and follow up HR deadlines
- Consolidate and update the mission organization chart
- Supervise annual performance review deadlines, contract dates…
- Participate in creating an annual mission training plan, supervise its implementation and measure its impact
- Participate in the mission HR policy
- Check that job descriptions fit the standard job matrix and ensure that the recruitment process is respected
- Supervise and train base administrators
- Conduct regular field visits to the different bases
- Supervise the admin staff at coordination level
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness, etc.)
- Participate in implementing staff promotions
- Participate in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility
- Make a list of schools and training programs in the country
- Improve recruitment procedures
- Participate in recruiting in-pat executives
- Ensure relations with employee representatives, in particular by taking part in their meetings
Reporting / Communication:
- Help the administrative coordinator with creating operations proposals and drawing up financial reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative authorities at national level
- Maintain relationships with other NGO & INGO, authorities and other partners on request
- On request, participate in meetings (donor, authorities, NGO forum…) and workshops relating to his/her field of activity and write up minutes to the administrative coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related fields
- 3 Years experience in Finance & HR related role or in a similar position with an international NGO
- Good knowledge of Project Management
- Previous experience with SI would be preferable
- Training and capacity building skills
- Coordination and diplomatic skills
- Familiar with various office package
- Good knowledge and use of SAGA, HOMERE, and other HRIS/Finance software
- Confidential, result oriented and ability to manage conflict
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your Application by clicking on the link above, select Admin Manager, fill the form and attach your CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.